Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  44.4 KB

I want to take this opportunity to let community aware and to share my excitement that the Livermorium Keyboard Mod fully works under Sailfish OS now.

Now we have an solution of slider keyboard + SFOS + a modern hardware

Here is the video

With the recent news I was asked for a few times about how to install / how to purchase / which device and mod that was support etc. So I decided to have this thread to gather all information: Availability, ports, which phone supports mods, which phone supports SFOS, and SFOS + Mods etc. As well as the availability of Keyboard Mod.

What is Keyboard Mod?

Keyboard Mod adds a 5-row back-lit full hardware Keyboard to the Moto Z series phones. It uses a metal sliding part as old landscape sliders. It uses physical connection so there is no pairing needed, no charging is needed, just plug and play.

There is one slimmer version which has started shipping, and a battery version with 1700mAh battery built in the Mod acting as power bank.

Keyboard Mod has officially been announced by Lenovo this CES, it's an official Moto product.

Some quote from our community member Eekkelund played the Mod at MWC:

"I had the privilege to be able to test Livermorium's Moto Mod keyboard and I must say I am very impressed!
Livermorium and Chen has done great work with the keyboard! I'm happy with typing experience, I can compare it to N950 typing, it is very satisfying. Slider works nicely, snaps smoothly in and out. "

Which phones are supported:

By default (Android OS), all the Moto Z Series phones are supported, to name them:

- Moto Z
- Moto Z Play
- Moto Z Force Droid (Bootloader-locked)
- Moto Z2 Force
- Moto Z2 Play
- Upcoming Z3?

What Sailfish OS ports are available to those devices?

Currently only one community port with the Moto Z Play. However, as they are bootloader unlockable apart from the Z Force Droid (Verizon exclusive), in theory SFOS ports can be done with all of them. And some devices even have official Lineage OS support, such as Z and Z Play.

Many thanks for TheKit for his work on the port.

If anyone wants to develop SFOS ports to any of the above devices, I am happy to provide a free keyboard mod sample.

Which Moto Mods are supported under SFOS?

I have tested with all Moto Mods under SFOS, and here are the Mods that I confirmed working:

- Keyboard Mod
- Turbo Power Battery Mod
- GamePad Mod

For GamePad Mod all the keys registers, but there is no game to test under SFOS...

How can I purchase the Keyboard Mod?

We are looking for some distributors to store and share the product in local countries.If you are interested in help distributing the product online or locally, please contact.

We are also considering adding more option to purchase on IGG once we hit the next shipping milestone and confirm with our shipping partner.

I will also update here if there is more option available (Moto Z Store, Amazon etc.)

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-04-03 at 00:38.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Attachment 39850
I have tested with all Moto Mods under SFOS, and here are the Mods that I confirmed working:

- Keyboard Mod
- Turbo Power Battery Mod
- GamePad Mod

For GamePad Mod all the keys registers, but there is no game to test under SFOS...
Maybe I can help with that, I have a QML game for Sailfish that works both with touch screen and keyboard commands, so it should work with your keyboard. No gamepad yet. I 'll send you a private message with the repo, since it's still under development, not even a alpha, but some levels are complete and fully working.
Edit: not sure if the private message was sent, but I decided to make it public, even if it's a wip. To not hijack this topic anymore, I created this https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...38#post1543038

Last edited by john_god; 2018-04-05 at 09:18.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post: