Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
hey guys,

I'm Jon, stationed in South Korea and have been a member here for about two months or so and actively posting for a few weeks about questions on the N810 (which I just got in the mail a two days ago! so now I finally feel like I'm apart of the community!) to not only get full functionality out of it but use it as a window into the Linux world ( got Ubuntu on my PC as well to broaden my spectrum on OS's and eventually become a Linux user and drop windows) so I hope to not only get get great tips and insight here but also be a great help to others, Thanks ,
Welcome, Jon, look foward to your posts!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Hi there. I recently bought a N800, and can't wait to start using it. I am an electrical engineer and an enthusiast of computers and Linux for many years. This will be my first step in the world of handhelds...

I research mobile robotics and computer vision, and hope to try out some CV applications in the N800. Does anybody know if it can handle some basic augmented reality?...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
Hi there. I recently bought a N800, and can't wait to start using it. I am an electrical engineer and an enthusiast of computers and Linux for many years. This will be my first step in the world of handhelds...

I research mobile robotics and computer vision, and hope to try out some CV applications in the N800. Does anybody know if it can handle some basic augmented reality?...
Welcome aboard,

I'm not sure about the augmenting, but let me know if you need to know any thing a bit more simple than that lol, the link in my signature can be of help some times but i just look for ppl with a lot of post under their belt ( or more experinced members really ) and PIM them ( after having combed the site for a realtive topic already started )

with your knowledge I know you'll be able to help other as well...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ (Germany.Austria),former Yugolsavia,USA
Hello.
I just registerd and wanted to say Hallo to awryone here.I bought Nokia N810 and Nokia N810 Wimax.I,m still trying to familiar myself whit NokiaN810&NokiaN810Wimax...But i,m already in love whit both of them.And this Website is awsome...Greetings to awryone!!!

Last edited by Sveles; 2009-07-24 at 11:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sveles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sveles View Post
Hello.
I just registerd and wanted to say Hallo to awryone here.I bought Nokia N810 and Nokia N810 Wimax...I love those devices...And this webside is a
awsome site...
welcome, sveles from Germany!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hey long time reader and user but first time poster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.Sleckus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by A.Sleckus View Post
Hey long time reader and user but first time poster.
Welcome to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
Hello everybody! Moja, here. Coming to you from the mid-south of USA - near Memphis, TN.

Welcome, and thanks to totololo for starting this thread!

I got my N800 as they were being cleared-out to make room for the N810. I've been away from the forums for a while, but got interested again when I needed to re-flash my N800 and noticed all of the cool new projects like Mer and Tear. I am relatively new to Linux and have learned a lot from these forums. I mostly use my N800 when I'm near Wi-Fi for using the web (of course), Skype, and listening to music.

Best wishes to all of you. Long live this community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Welcome to the forum!
thanks seems like a friendly place

Hey there, guys! I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just bought an n810 from eBay. I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, and I'm impressed with the community that's developed under the NIT's. I love my little n810 so far, and I'm hoping to learn a lot more about it from you guys.

I've been using Linux off-and-on since 2005 or so, but this is my first real delve into the handheld world. (Seriously, my cell phone is a really cheap little guy, almost 4 years old, haha.) I'm really impressed at how much like a desktop PC the NIT's are, except way way smaller.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Schisne For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org