Notices

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Doh!

you have to run the installer from extras. (plus some of the repositories I had added seemed to have messed it up aswell)

It working!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by xopher_mc View Post
Doh!

you have to run the installer from extras. (plus some of the repositories I had added seemed to have messed it up aswell)

It working!
I felt so stupid when I finally figured that part out.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Wasn't doing that a part of the step-by-step instructions on the RTCOMM site?

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
can anyone tell me , where in the filesystem are the sounds kept , such as when you recieve a new message , i want to replace these with something louder ... probably default sounds from yahoo messenger.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
can anyone tell me , where in the filesystem are the sounds kept , such as when you recieve a new message , i want to replace these with something louder ... probably default sounds from yahoo messenger.
Check your control panel. I'm pretty sure you can make the sounds louder there. I doubt they are full blast by default.

thats not what i mean , i just do not like the sounds themselves....i want the yahoo sounds. i dont like the light muffled sounds that all the IM programs and such that are on the tablets.

i do believe i found a bug , if you try to make a call while the usb cable is plugged in , it will complete the call , but it wont have any sound , you wont hear ringing , wont hear the other person when they pick up , but they can hear you.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
i do believe i found a bug , if you try to make a call while the usb cable is plugged in , it will complete the call , but it wont have any sound , you wont hear ringing , wont hear the other person when they pick up , but they can hear you.
Interesting. Sounds like the device may "think" a USB connection could go to external audio...

if i was the optimistic type , this would give me hope that perhaps it supports a/v out , and just needs to be enabled in software.... gonna upgrade my 800 to use this and see if it does the same thing

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
I've found reason enough to go back to Pidgin, even though the idea of IM integrated into OS is a good one.

When sending a message in the new IM, use of an apostrophe sends a confusing text to the recipient. Instead of seeing "Don't" they see Don&apos;t

I don't think I can learn to avoid contractions, so I'm back on Pidgin.

Last edited by DistantFire; 2008-01-09 at 02:20.

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm