Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Way to bulky f that id rather recharge every 4 hours, than carry that massive brick around, the n900 is big enough as it is than having that attched to it.

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Way to bulky f that id rather recharge every 4 hours, than carry that massive brick around, the n900 is big enough as it is than having that attched to it.
Well, to each their own; I myself have the opposite problem. I wanted the phone to be bigger and heavier.

It's easier to hold, harder to forget, and just feels substantial now. And I was constantly running on low battery @1320mah, as I run heavily overclocked with lots of heavy apps, have an always on openvpn session, maintain multiple mail & IM accounts, and use my n900 a lot.

We'll see how it goes, but so far I've been running for 4h and battery's only dropped one bar.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
I'd just like to throw it out there that you SHOULD NOT BUY THESE. Two batteries in less than four months completely dead. Glad they sent me a testing unit and I didn't waste 90$ on it.

~Jeff

Damn.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
I'd just like to throw it out there that you SHOULD NOT BUY THESE. Two batteries in less than four months completely dead. Glad they sent me a testing unit and I didn't waste 90$ on it.

~Jeff
just graced over this thread, but i must admit i have seen many complaining about dead mugen battery's....

my dual option is looking better and better
and it is so much more cheaper and with 2750+mAh also better

my dual japod is still just flying and the old dual 'christgift' is being used by 'redkarma'

~Jeff
argg I had never read that till now. Mine is in shipment from china as we speak.

There seem to be a number of extended BL-5J connector batteries (ie. those for the 5800). Some of them would probably fit under the Mugen cover..

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
There seem to be a number of extended BL-5J connector batteries (ie. those for the 5800). Some of them would probably fit under the Mugen cover..
They've been suggested before, and it was pointed out that the battery goes in the other way up on the 5800 which means the connectors are in the wrong place so the battery extends the wrong way and they wouldn't fit in the N900.

Well that's annoying.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

~Jeff
Mine is still fine. I bought it about six months ago and have used it lots.

If what you say is true, shouldn't you be talking about testing units, not "a testing unit"?

What were they testing? Are you sure they didn't make modifications based on your tests?