Hello.
Is there a Windows Mobile emulator for Maemo platforms?
Thanks
Bye

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Nope

I just needed more words to post this...

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
its funny how may times that gets asked....

The Following User Says Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by quoddix View Post
Hello.
Is there a Windows Mobile emulator for Maemo platforms?
Thanks
Bye
Of course.

It's a bit of a hack though. To get the full WinMo experience, you'll need to take out your battery momentarily and (carefully!) apply 240 volts AC directly to the Itablet's battery contacts.

Don't worry about the smoke, that's just something Nokia put in there to discourage users from upgrading their Itablets to WinMo.

Wiat five seconds, or until your home's circuit breakers pop and voilą! You now have an Itablet that is running WinMoEmu! It's eerie how it completely mimicks a native Windows Mobile installation. You could replace your battery, but one of the emulator's features is that it no longer requires a battery to function.
____

DISCLAIMER: I am not a certified Nokia mechanic, nor can I be held responsible for any damage you might inflict on your Nokia Internet Tablet by following my instructions. In short: If it doesn't work, it' always your own fault, never mine.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Of course.

It's a bit of a hack though. To get the full WinMo experience, you'll need to take out your battery momentarily and (carefully!) apply 240 volts AC directly to the Itablet's battery contacts.

Don't worry about the smoke, that's just something Nokia put in there to discourage users from upgrading their Itablets to WinMo.

Wiat five seconds, or until your home's circuit breakers pop and voilą! You now have an Itablet that is running WinMoEmu! It's eerie how it completely mimicks a native Windows Mobile installation. You could replace your battery, but one of the emulator's features is that it no longer requires a battery to function.
___

DISCLAIMER: I am not a certified Nokia mechanic, nor can I be held responsible for any damage you might inflict on your Nokia Internet Tablet by following my instructions. In short: If it doesn't work, it' always your own fault, never mine.
_
dude your just wrong....really wrong...funny..though

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@Karel

Even Better?? I just used your instructions to run Vista Ultimate on my N800....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
@Karel

Even Better?? I just used your instructions to run Vista Ultimate on my N800....
Did you apply the hammer hack? Without it Vista might run a tad slow, as not all of the RAM will run at full speed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
All I have yo say is if there was a WM emu then we would at last have a real PIM, not Palm's ancient lackluster app, but full featured integrated apps that support multiple categories (talking about PocketInformant, not the wm native apps)..
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Of course.

____

I am TOTALLY OFFENDED by this post. Member as senior as KJ should be more careful with their postings, as they are serving as role model for the community, and people DO follow their advice, in general.

bun

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well, I think it is meant as a sarcastic post and anyone stupid enough to attempt that deserves the end result.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: