Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
This program has been mentioned in passing twice on this forum, but I think it's so cool to start a thread pointing it out.

I got my HTC PPC 6700 yesterday and flashed it with a Windows Mobile 6 hack. I was able to connect to the Internet with it using the DUN of my provider (Alltel) but couldn't get my N800(s) to pair up to the phone via Bluetooth (I'll have to do more research).

My supervisor told me that this retail Windows Mobile app, WMWifiRouter, turns a smart phone into a Wi-fi router which is many times faster than Bluetooth. There's a free version called JoikuSpot for Nokia phones which has also been mentioned a few times on this forum too.

Using the free trial, I've been able to connect to my PPC 6700 with my N800 and laptop at great speeds.

WMWifiRouter: http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

Documentation: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/

JoikuSpot: http://www.joiku.com/?action=product...product_id=310
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-05-22 at 22:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post:
Many times the speed? Many times the battery consumption, too, I've heard...

If you have WM6 on your phone, you can install the Bluetooth Pan application for the IT and then connect to your phone with internet sharing turned on in the phone. This works for me with my 810 and Cingular 8525.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linear2202 For This Useful Post:
DANG! Wish I could use this on my Nokia 6680, but it only has bluetooth and no wifi!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Many times the speed? Many times the battery consumption, too, I've heard...
Eh, odds are I'd be using it in my car (and charging) anyway.

Hi i have the license code for the wmwifirouter version 1.25
Im selling it for 15 bucks so if you want to buy it email me at littleman900@gmail.com

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by drjakedre View Post
Hi i have the license code for the wmwifirouter version 1.25
Im selling it for 15 bucks so if you want to buy it email me at littleman900@gmail.com
Boooo!

Don't forget that email addy everyone.

I've used this app on my tmo wing and it does very well at what it should do. I've tried several other solutions for WM6 and this one was the easiest to use. Also provided a connection for my itouch (ad hoc) but worked quite well for that too.. 30$ US is so pricey though. It's the only thing that gives me pause... If the developer could somehow make it a *true* router as the name implies, (share the connection with more than one device..) then I would pay the extra.

Originally Posted by rkopper View Post
I've used this app on my tmo wing and it does very well at what it should do. I've tried several other solutions for WM6 and this one was the easiest to use. Also provided a connection for my itouch (ad hoc) but worked quite well for that too.. 30$ US is so pricey though. It's the only thing that gives me pause... If the developer could somehow make it a *true* router as the name implies, (share the connection with more than one device..) then I would pay the extra.
UPDATE!! I've just purchased (from handango) a new app called walkinghotspot that does *exactly* what I wanted.. Allows up to 5 concurrent wifi connected devices. If you are interested it is on handango today and if you read this on Feb 5th 2009, they are running a 20% off sale via code FEB5 which brings this app to a nice price point of 19.99. Installed easily on my wing and it's straightforward as it gets... Highly recommended!