Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
Hello everyone

I have a little question about something that nobody mention and is the temperature of the n900, the iphone 3g is a toaster, the iphone 3gs is a little bit hot, palm pre gets hot after some time using it, so whats the opinion of the current owners about the n900 temperature. Please let me now. Thanks

The back does warm up during a charge but it is barely noticeable.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ leicester UK
Believe me this device is hot.

That Hansel, he's so hot.

Oh it's hot, believe me.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I haven´t noticed that at all. Regardless of whether I´m charging it or just holding it.

Let me measure it with a infrared temp gun.

My device showed 79.7°F/ 25.9°C at its hottest point, not charging a few minutes ago. All antennas on, bluetooth and wifi connections active, processor working at 5/6 points. Screen at 1st setting. Pretty heavy loading on the device.

After about 5 minutes of charging the hottest point shows 79.6°F/26.2°C. Still doing all the same tasks as above.

For comparison ambient temperature is 75.0°F/23.9°C and my hands measure around 78.1-78.4°F/25.6-25.8°C. I´d say it´s a pretty cool device.

Also, my Dell laptop measures 92.8°F/33.8°C where it is warmest on its underside. That always feels burning warm to touch when I place it on the belly.

Last edited by olighak; 2009-12-06 at 01:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wigglemeyer View Post
That Hansel, he's so hot.
ahahah i love that movie.

No i haven't really notice my n900 getting hot on the charger but it does get warmer when i'm using it heavily but not really that bad tho.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dammsaint View Post
...whats the opinion of the current owners about the n900 temperature.
I find my N900 to stay cool except for when Mail for Exchange cannot connect. That bug will be fixed soon though.

Originally Posted by dammsaint View Post
Hello everyone

I have a little question about something that nobody mention and is the temperature of the n900, the iphone 3g is a toaster, the iphone 3gs is a little bit hot, palm pre gets hot after some time using it, so whats the opinion of the current owners about the n900 temperature. Please let me now. Thanks
I used a palm pre and after a 1/2 hr of navigation the back of the pre got very hot!

The n900 is a cool device. I think since it has a little more room too spare (a little chunky) it doesnt get as hot as these other slimmer devices.