hello, what is the vitual keyboard? How do i get it to show up? I click on the text field on an sms and nothing shows up..
Thanks

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Go to Settings > Text input and check 'Use virtual keyboard'.
Registered Linux user #266531.

go to settings and text input then enable it. and make sure that ur phone slide is close for it to pop up

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Under Text Input in the Settings menu, you have to enable Use Virtual Keyboard. After that clicking on any text box will bring up the virtual keyboard.

EDIT: You guys beat me to it.

oh ok i see it, wish they could make it smaller so it covered the sms area and the keyboard (like the iphone )

The Following User Says Thank You to XfrostX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XfrostX View Post
(like the iphone )
Like the 770, like the n800, like the n810, like the n810 WiFi, like the everything.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Madison, WI
I have a problem. My on screen keyboard is not showing up when the virtual keyboard is enabled and the slider is closed. What should I do?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Madison, WI
Well, it wasn't working for a while and now it works.

i actually have to say that for the most part i think the virtual keyboard is quite good.. i thunk its a matter of getting used to it. granted no multitouch means that key presses have to be very distinct when using the keyboard but for typing short msgs uts definitely good. loving the hard keyboard more and more tho. ps; im quite afast typer and i still find it ok, but not as good as iphone for sure.

Hey people.i've been working for 4 hours straight to get this virtual keyboard problem solved.I finally found the perfect solution.I'll go through it step-wise..
1: Open application manager and go to uninstall
2: Uninstall MSCIM or SCIM that you have
3: Open X-Terminal
4: sudo gainroot
5: cd /etc/event.d(There's a space after 'cd')
6: ls
7: After 'ls',see if 'scim' is there in that list that comes up,if its there just remove it with the following command.I'll just write it as '8'
8: rm scim
Now type '9' and '10' exactly as i do,
9: /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0
10: /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules
Even if '10' doesnt work,taking care of step '1' to '9' should make the virtual keyboard work.Let me know how it went..