Originally Posted by matemana View Post
I am talking about that. That torch setting is removed from 2.1.2.3 and 2.1.3.7. It was in 2.0.4.13 and on 2.0.5.6. At least on my nexus 5
Do you mean that in your Nexus 5 there is not torch toggle option available as shown in the last pic of that post?
If so, then it is different from XperiaX and in AquaFish, where torch has to be activated from that "menu" to be available as shown in the first pic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
Do you mean that in your Nexus 5 there is not torch toggle option available as shown in the last pic of that post?
If so, then it is different from XperiaX and in AquaFish, where torch has to be activated from that "menu" to be available as shown in the first pic.
Yes there is no option to activate torch. There was in older versions as i said. I have 2.0.5.6 on nexus 4 and i have torch on that phone too but not in nexus 5 with 2.1.2.3/2.1.3.7

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
What is the best app for GPS maps? If it will have offline support that would be cool.
With your Sailfish version Poor Maps and OSM scout server. But personally I prefer HereWeGo on my Nexus 5, that's why I don't want to update...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
With your Sailfish version Poor Maps and OSM scout server. But personally I prefer HereWeGo on my Nexus 5, that's why I don't want to update...
Thank you downloaded them. GPS works for me too

It just does not rotate map (compass does not work i need that sensorfix) and also it does not follow cars movement. Update takes too long. On android google maps follows even footsteps

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@matemana

Did you have a good GPS signal?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@matemana

Did you have a good GPS signal?
Yes i was outdoors and had good gps signal.

Does vpn menu work for you?

When i import new profile and click to connect to vpn it says "Problem with connection", but it works if i start vpn from terminal with this command
Code:
openvpn --config client_tun.ovpn
and it connects to my openvpn server.

Problem with openvp is solved too. I chose ovpn file which contains my settings, but still i do not know why but it was using some other conf file.
I edited and selected my own conf file and it worked.

If you choose ovpn file you must not need to select conf file too. They are the same just with different extension. I used to use ovpn file on windows when used windows On linux conf extension.

That wifi tethering script which is in first post does not work for me on 2.1.3.7. It complains about tether parameter and says device not found.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
I am writing this message using wifi tethering on 2.1.3.7...so it does work. Did you copy and paste the script? Or did you download it?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
I am writing this message using wifi tethering on 2.1.3.7...so it does work. Did you copy and paste the script? Or did you download it?
I copied it. Is there any difference? I'll download and see if it works.

Yeah, the script can not be copied from the code box due to limitations of the forum software. Download link works fine for me.

I added the script as an attachment, just remove the txt extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hotspot.sh.txt (1.5 KB, 32 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post: