Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Good evening folks! (or what ever time of day you think it is)

I think it is finally time to make the (too) long development of the next version of Situations app a bit more public. So a "public beta" has now been made available for installation from http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

Lots of things have changed. Lots of refactoring code and other implementation stuff. And then again lots of things in the app should seem like the same. The most obvious things changed are listed here - but I might not remember everything:

* New UX
* Possibility to define many actions also as conditions (hail to the long awaited ambience as a condition -feature!)
* Possibility to set up nice endless situation loops with the above
* Support for bluez5 on newer Sailfish devices
* Command action supports arguments (at least to some extent)
* Fixes, tweaks and all sorts of other stuff here and there
* New GPS state condition
* Probably a ton of new bugs(?)
* Lots of stuff that was planned had to be left out - for now

The new UI style is what it is. Get used to it and try not to bitch about it Anyway, bug reports, feature requests, constructive UI criticism and all overly positive feedback are welcome as always.

Oh, and just in case, do a manual backup of /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-situations2application directory if you hate it and want to go back to the old version. Or if the update somehow corrupts your application data.

If someone here is using the Android version, it will get a public beta too - hopefully in a day or two. And everything around the app needs to be updated as well, which will take much more time...

Br,
Heikki

Ps. Big thanks to R1v3r for help with the bluetooth condition.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Ps. Big thanks to R1v3r for help with the bluetooth condition.
Least I can do to help! And will help future also, if needed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Ok... first bug report then. Mobile data on/off do not appear on what page.
Nice new UI btw.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
great work and cool new ui!

I would have a feature request if you not already have it among:
* Lots of stuff that was planned had to be left out - for now
Or maybe i missed how to change the "or" in conditions of the same group to an "and"?

I would like to activate my "sleep" situation if charger and headphones are connected. Now, if both conditions are added there is an "or" between the two. I would need the funktionality of an "and".
Is that possible in your current implementation?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Ok... first bug report then. Mobile data on/off do not appear on what page.
Nice new UI btw.
Thanks, it is now fixed. You need to visit the features page to update the plugin - and seems that you also need to restart the app to make it visible in the plugin list (I'll need to fix this also, but later).

Btw, the whole mobile data plugin is quite untested as a condition or action. I hope it works, but do report if there are problems with it.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
great work and cool new ui!

I would like to activate my "sleep" situation if charger and headphones are connected. Now, if both conditions are added there is an "or" between the two. I would need the funktionality of an "and".
Is that possible in your current implementation?
Thanks,

No, it is not possible with the current implementation. Actually I don't think anyone has even requested this before. The Accessory condition is a bit special case as it is now a logical grouping of completely unrelated things. The grouping was made entirely on UI design basis and causes difficulty for this kind of corner case.

So, I need to think about it - the easiest solution would be to just break the plugin apart so that "AND" would become the default between the different options. But I would then also need to maintain compatibility with the existing uses of Accessory condition.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Thanks, mobile data visibility fixed, so here's another one...
I can't change the vibration action. It seem to be locked at system setting, except for the initial preconfigured situations.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Thanks, mobile data visibility fixed, so here's another one...
I can't change the vibration action. It seem to be locked at system setting, except for the initial preconfigured situations.
Fixed as well. Same procedure required again at your end

Br,
Heikki

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Fixed as well.
Thanks, vibration selection working.
Guess you already know, but there is a translation string missing or not translating... "Background image" in Settings page.

If I may, I would also like to request a feature. It would be handy to have an Enable/Disable switch for the individual situation. That way I don't have to delete the situation I temporarily don't want to use. Disabling the last situation should also turn of daemon.

Last edited by eson; 2017-11-16 at 08:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Thanks, vibration selection working.
Guess you already know, but there is a translation string missing or not translating... "Background image" in Settings page.

If I may, I would also like to request a feature. It would be handy to have an Enable/Disable switch for the individual situation. That way I don't have to delete the situation I temporarily don't want to use.
Yes, some translations are naturally missing. I'll make the translation sources available a bit later for anyone who wants to contribute.

You can disable automation of an individual situation by swiping a situation item left in the main view (a red circle should appear on the right side). You can also set a timeout for it (max ~24h) by tapping the red circle.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations