Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
I realise this is something I should be able to figure out on my own but I am pretty stumped on how to properly build the qt-maemo-example.

I am trying to build it using Qt Creator on Windows. I open the main project file, leave all the project settings as they are and build the application.

What I get is a .deb file which contains the executable but is missing the icons and desktop files.

The 3 default build steps in Qt Creator are:

1) qmake.exe <dir location>/qt-maemo-example.pro -r -spec default -unix CONFIG+=debug
2) make.exe -w
3) Create Package

Am I going about this in completely the wrong way?

Originally Posted by DeargDoom View Post
I realise this is something I should be able to figure out on my own but I am pretty stumped on how to properly build the qt-maemo-example.
Which qt-maemo-example do you mean? The one out of extras-devel?

Daniel

Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Which qt-maemo-example do you mean? The one out of extras-devel?

Daniel
Yes, thats the one.

Any pointers as to where Im going wrong here would still be greatly appreciated.

Do other people also use Qt Creator to package their applications or is this not the best practice. I have tried using the dpkg-buildpackage command in MADDE without success also. Knowing what build environment is considered the "correct" one would be very helpful also.

Hi,

the packaging options in QtCreator are a bit limited at the moment. Your problem seems to be related to this bug. I tried it with the madde command-line tools on linux and it worked as expected. Unpack the tarball and run in the directory:

Code:
mad dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
Let me know if you have further questions.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Hi,

the packaging options in QtCreator are a bit limited at the moment. Your problem seems to be related to this bug. I tried it with the madde command-line tools on linux and it worked as expected. Unpack the tarball and run in the directory:

Code:
mad dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
Let me know if you have further questions.

Daniel
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I really needed someone to tell me to stop using QtCreator.

I have the example building now but I am using the madde command line in Windows and the package cannot be built using your instructions. The qmake command which is called from the above instructions creates a Makefile in the main and src directories which hard codes a PREFIX variable to the installation directory of madde, ie

Code:
$(QMAKE) -unix PREFIX=D:/MADDE/0.6.72 -o Makefile ../../src/src.pro
Since this same variable is used for different purposes in the src.pro file the packaging does not work. Manually changing the Makefiles or changing the src.pro file both resolve the issue.

Im not sure whether the correct solution is to
a) not use Windows
b) change the qt-maemo-example
c) somehow change the behaviour of qmake in this enviroment

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
I build qt-maemo-example package by using MADDE 0.7.23 in Windows 7 64bit environment. All went just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to rontti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rontti View Post
I build qt-maemo-example package by using MADDE 0.7.23 in Windows 7 64bit environment. All went just fine.
I will update my version of MADDE and will try and confirm that this behaviour only exists with 0.6.72.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
I tried it also with MADDE 0.6.72. No problems here.

The Following User Says Thank You to rontti For This Useful Post: