So I received an alert to update Pidgin. I ignored it thinking I could update it later when I'm free. Now I can't find where to update Pidgin Messenger. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
It pops up randomly over here, pressing update will lead you to Pidgin's website where you can download the update.

Did that last month ending up removing all and sticking to the original Pidgin without this update.

So just wait and it will pop up eventually I'm sure

The Following User Says Thank You to mscarrot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
just wait one day and then try again with hitting the update-button in the app-manager

if it doesn't show up you could try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
afaik the configs and logs won't be deleted.
(but you may want to backup your logs first: ~/.purple/ there should be a log-folder ^^)

I found an update in the Extras-Devel.. is that it?
I didn't want to update, I was afraid it would mess it up, as it's still in the Extras-Devel Catalogue and it's working great with me now.. so, anyone tried it?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by Hany View Post
I found an update in the Extras-Devel.. is that it?
I didn't want to update, I was afraid it would mess it up, as it's still in the Extras-Devel Catalogue and it's working great with me now.. so, anyone tried it?
of course it is an update.
but because it's in devel it's not supposed to be available for everyone.
devel is for experiened users only who know how to fix it if something goes wrong.

if the update doesnt bring forth anything new i might jus skip on it after reading some of your posts. thanks for the help though guys

Yes, please, anyone who already had the update, please state if there's a noticable changes or not.

yea bump. id really like to kno what the fixes are. its not worth the risk to update if nothing has generally improved. the program is already sketchy as is. thanks in advance!

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I dont see any updates for pidgin......