Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Not sure why my music widget has stoped displaying the graphic EQ then? some say its gone some say its still there, heres a screenshot ...

Now my current playing song just scrolls across the widget.
It wasn't an EQ, it was the same 4 images played in order...

The Following User Says Thank You to Psymastr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Why did it ask me to use USB and require PC to update this firmware?

How big is the file actually? I thought it's around 40Mb?? It shows up as 90Mb for me
That is right - this update is 90MB in size - takes some time downloading it.

Initially even I had thae same issue with OTA update - it asked me to connect to PC and do update using the NSU.

But as Peter@MAemo mentioned in these threads that is because of come conflicting libs which might have been installed from apps from Devel or Extras.

So just remove any app you might have installed from devel or testing.
Fr me I uninstalled most apps - like Flipclock, Quicknote and the OVI games too.

But still had issue with the update.
Next I uninstalled GrandCentral dialer - sill didnt solve it.

At last I noticed I had installed the Google Latitiude app - uninstalled it and then went back to the update - and it worked this time with the OTA update.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
That is right - this update is 90MB in size - takes some time downloading it.

Initially even I had thae same issue with OTA update - it asked me to connect to PC and do update using the NSU.

But as Peter@MAemo mentioned in these threads that is because of come conflicting libs which might have been installed from apps from Devel or Extras.

So just remove any app you might have installed from devel or testing.
Fr me I uninstalled most apps - like Flipclock, Quicknote and the OVI games too.

But still had issue with the update.
Next I uninstalled GrandCentral dialer - sill didnt solve it.

At last I noticed I had installed the Google Latitiude app - uninstalled it and then went back to the update - and it worked this time with the OTA update.
You got to be kidding me right. Man, that really sucks....because i can't identify which program to uninstall to get it to work with OTA update. And i can't update with the PC without the damm update software are not compatible with Windows 7. Maybe the reason it isn't giving me OTA update is because i don't have enough memory in the root folder?? I mean...it lets me update using OTA with the last minor update ...why not this version?? C'mon man!!

And did it keep asking you for a backup?? I am sick of it keep asking me for backup because i already backed UP!!! This is getting so ******ed!!

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-01-15 at 00:59.

Hi Guys
Can anyone help me on this?
When i try to upgrade to maemo 5 on my N900 i get the notice'' Not Enough Memory in Target Location.''

Anyone can help me on this?

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
It wasn't an EQ, it was the same 4 images played in order...
So would that image animation be a simple gif looped image?

Hey guys, I've been searching through as many pages as I could but my question remains unanswered.

Has the battery draining issue been resolved? Anyone notice anything different on their battery depletion?

ive been using my phone all day and battery level is still high. I am a happy camper now, i also notice my signal isnt jumping from 2g to 3.5 g and all inbetween as much so maybe that had something to do with it.

Nothing seems to have changed for me since the update. My battery was good even before all the updates arrived.I THINK there is an app you can install which measures what apps are using power wise.

thats very good to hear guys. that was such a major flaw that needed attention! thanks for the speedy response, ill continue to look out for any battery improvements.

I uninstall all the applications and still it says "To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use the Nokia software update application on your PC. Connect the device to your PC via a USB cable and launch the application."

What am i going to do? I can not believe my rootfs say only 33MB FREE after uninstalling all the apps...that is impossible. How do you restore to factory settings?? I don't know what to do.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update