Notices

??

Telegram is defect here since your update!

Would be great if you tell me how to fix what is defect here since your update.

Still waiting for a solution!That it is working for you is a very bad argument!It is not working for me!

How do I get the old version or fix this defect version?

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by branja View Post
Does anyone knows how to store pictures that were sent to us by Telegram user on Android? Is it even possible?
The pictures (and possibly other files) go to
Code:
/home/user/.purple/telegram-purple/<your_number>/downloads/

I am getting more and more 'happy' about my N900...:
Tried to load the .deb files from the posting here (even if still noone was able to tell me why there should be any difference to the files marcuzz uploaded to the repos - the numbers matching),
not possible with normal browser....loading-bar loading and loading and loading and loading on this half loaded page here....the browser seems to be more and more useless/defect to me or crashing on unknown scripts or something like that.

Tried the qml-version or how its called, page loaded, dowloading both files seemed to be fine.
After opening them through the filebrowser and clicking one of them, it starts the appmanager, it seems to begin install-process - then it tells me 'file not compatible'???

ARGH!

Size in filemanager:
libwebp_0.5.0-1_armel is 162kb,
ppt_1.2.6-1_armel is 396kn, so I think the download itself was fine.
Press libweg, I am asked If i want to update libwebp, 1kb....1KB?
Pressing Details it says Size 340kb, downloadsize 0kb....

What is going on here?

Everything was fine until this update

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2016 @ Austria
thx, @sicelo. I kind of already replied to branja (when he re-asked this a little bit later on xD )

@Micha1982: the reply "it works for others" doesn't help you but it still tightens the circle around your problem as it's not a general problem in the package that everyone gets affected by. so, as a developer, I would appreciate this kind of feedback (did I break something universally .. or did the user potentially mess up something). did you purge all instances?

Originally Posted by HTuRtle View Post
did you purge all instances?
How to do this exactly (before doing something wrong...) ? Last time I ran clean900 and autoclean, clean, purge and autoremove after deinstalling everything (complete Yappari, all its extensions, this libp-file and of course the ppt). Then I reinstalled it. Without a change.

ah, only now I saw you wrote something while I typed my post, @Micha1982. well, for beginners, start using terminal. it saves you lots of hassle and makes your life easier. all you need is either 'get' && 'dpkg' or apt-get. voila. even easier is setting up ssh-server on your device and typing remote with a full-fledged keyboard. make yourself familiar with the shell .. it's a linux-based mini-computer, after all.

Written while you wrote:

406,5 kB (406526 Bytes)
166,9 kB (166876 Bytes)

is the filesize of the downloaded files shown on my pc.

If I try to start libwebp from N900s filemanager after disconnect it from my pc, the appmanager starts, it asks if I want to update, I press yes, it tells me 'not compatible'?! Completely strange. Details showing Size 340kb, downloadsize 0 Kb...why is downloadsize 0kb, why does the file start at all? Could understand if a file is broken, but why does the process start at all?! Description and so on also works, so I do not think the file is defect...as said, strange...

Regarding your post, I know...(my pcs are all running different kinds of Linux ), but I mostly try to avoid the terminal on the n900 and using the fam. In this case the 'normal' appmanager started automatically.

(this may end up in a funny 'criss-cross' posting where you have to look not one but three posts back in order to be able to follow/comprehend. maybe I should start using quotation.. xD )

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by HTuRtle View Post
thx, @sicelo. I kind of already replied to branja (when he re-asked this a little bit later on xD ...
I missed that one, sorry. The pitfalls of skimming indiscriminately. I had seen the post, but not got to that part. Thanks

the files sizes you wrote are the exact same as mine. however, filesize is not a good way of verifying the integrity of a file; so sha-1s of
'libwebp_0.5.0-1_armel.deb' = 'AC382B6AD8F5DABFD81B1E01622A34DEA7977099' and
'purple-protocol-telegram_1.2.6-1_armel.deb' = '62426CA084573C24CE1ED63159744270E65E8C8C'
but I also think your experience is not due to a faulty file.

make yourself familiar with the dpkg-manager and install it via cli.

Tags
pidgin, telegram