Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Girona, Spain
Originally Posted by Andy214 View Post
I doubt it will be updated now, until official PR1.2 is released.

On the other hand, funny that there is built in widget for Email but not Conversations.
Sorry I explain wrong, I try to say what you say, than when PR1.2 is released the widget will be updated to support that change.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Now that the troll war is over, let me try for a THIRD time.
(Boy was it a mistake to merge these two PR1.2 threads.)

Can anyone please tell me or the font kerning bug has been fixed in the browser?
So when you zoom in, the spacing between text goes all funny and makes it look really messy? Sometimes even unreadable when you keep zooming about on certain pages?
This will be a major reason to upgrade to this PR1.2L straight away, since that is one of the most annoying things for me on the current firmware.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post

Can anyone please tell me or the font kerning bug has been fixed in the browser?
So when you zoom in, the spacing between text goes all funny and makes it look really messy? Sometimes even unreadable when you keep zooming about on certain pages?
This will be a major reason to upgrade to this PR1.2L straight away, since that is one of the most annoying things for me on the current firmware.
How about giving an example or two of pages it happens on?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

This is funny thing. After exploring bugzilla I noticed this bug. I would never ever had noticed it normally, but know when i read it i can spot it, but still itīs amazing and weird how different things are to people. For me this is thing that I hardly can count as bug but then again stuttering photo gallery is more important than SIP protocol bugs for me .

Damn. Should vote more. Btw. Has someone managed to use all votes in bugzilla?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by slender View Post
This is funny thing. After exploring bugzilla I noticed this bug. I would never ever had noticed it normally, but know when i read it i can spot it, but still itīs amazing and weird how different things are to people. For me this is thing that I hardly can count as bug but then again stuttering photo gallery is more important than SIP protocol bugs for me .
So what are you saying? You are using PR1.2 and haven't noticed this problem (anymore)?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
No Iīm not. I just read about it in bugzilla and after reading comments I understood whatīs it about. I can spot it right now on my 1.1.1 N900, but would not have spotted if someone hadn't told about it

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland

It's fixed. The whole font rendering seems to be changed and now some discussion boards I surf a lot are almost unreadable :-/ The thing is that when font size is a bit smaller than here in T.M.O it renderes too softly and is hard to read.

Other than that the new font rendering is quite good I think

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
The update PR1.2 has been ready for months. It has not been released because we have to wait for something for us to be even a little excited with our half-dead OSs. After this, there probably wonīt be any updates for the N900 Maemo 5 ever again. Meego and Symbian^3 and all the coders are probably sucked to those projects...
The PR1.2 is not ready, not at all. It's not stable yet and still has bugs, so Nokia hasn't naturally released it yet.

Hey here's a fact for you sir, that truly is true and not thrown up from the air: you're an idiot .

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
So PR 1.2 update does improve the device significantly ? If so then I have a feeling that those who dumped n900 recently will have much to regret.
I doubt it, every post in this thread is of what 'bugs' it fixes and those things that are faster. NONE of it is mentioning how functionality has actually been added, much needed functionality. (in my opinion)

I still can't sync' my calendar, video calling? (with or without skype) voice navigation to make this a sat nav? An inbox and folders to store texts instead of the god awful 'conversations', a proper file manager (All the downloadalbe ones are not upto standard) changes to picture manager that defaults to camera folder first. Ring tones for contacts instead of one ring tone total. MMS support. (Yeah I know Nokia are not bothering because they are idiots)

That's why I am ditching my N900, so if the above have been fixed with 1.2 then I will keep it. I am not getting rid because it can't TV out quick enough, or go onto facebook or you tube quickly. (None of which I use)

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Im failry confident that skype video calls do NOT work (for me at least) i have tried all day over wifi, i have the option there it says video call under my mates name, i call him he picks up i can see my video but that is it. He said when i call it just comes up as i normal call not a video call nor the option to see my video. And he cannot video call me same thing his call just comes up as normal call.

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality