Active Topics

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
man... all i need to know is why on earth is the flasher-3.5 keeps closing down as i run it......
zikmir i have the same problem. flasher 3.5 closes down as i run it. How did you get over that problem?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by stormtalon View Post
zikmir i have the same problem. flasher 3.5 closes down as i run it. How did you get over that problem?
Are you following the steps in the firmware wiki correctly? The flasher needs to be run from the command prompt. It cannot be opened on its own like a game or a file on your computer.

As step 5 in the wiki says -

5.Open the Command Prompt, How? Either - Click start then Run OR Press and hold the Windows Logo key and press R. Type CMD then press Enter.

Step 6 navigates the command prompt to where the flasher program is installed much like browsing through your hard drive through My Computer, just the old fashioned way..

EDIT: This is assuming you are using Windows of course..

Last edited by Magel282; 2010-04-28 at 01:40.

i have windows 7 32bit ultimate edition. i gave the program administrator previlege. first i tried to run it from directly in windows. it didn't work out. then i opened the task manager and entered to cmd mode. in that window i opened the flasher again but it did the same thing again.

Start>run> type "CMD" (without quotation marks).

Use the "CD" command to navigate to the folder you have the flasher executable in.

Run flasher with the correct arguments (outlined on the wiki page)

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
You know, if you're new at this, for a few bucks Nokia Care Center will fix that for you in no time.

Also, how did you manage to uninstall Hildon? Did you -s first?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

chk my other posts
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...291#post623291
ndi ur right !

ok thanks everybody. i found the problem. i run the flasher without entering the commands. i thought it would be a program in which i would enter the codes. However you enter the codes simultaneously with the flasher.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
okay okay... please people tell me how to flash.. i dont have any data on it.. so it dosent mater.. what do i need to flash :

programs? usb cable? wat do i need? and how do i do it?
zikmir I read in a post that you can correct the lock n900 please help me.... What must i do... How i can use again my divice

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It was agreed that site policy is not to help on this issue, since the porpose of a lock code is to securely lock your device. You should contact Nokia about this problem.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It was agreed that site policy is not to help on this issue
Hm, must have missed that. FWIW I think that terribly misguided, but on the other hand repeating the same advice ad nauseum to people who can't be bothered to search does get a bit old.

since the porpose of a lock code is to securely lock your device.
IMHO it's only meant to stop someone casually grabbing your device when you're not looking and going through your data, not someone who can reflash the rootfs at their leisure.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: