Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New version is out - 1.13.0

Here, search functionality was refactored into a single QML component. This means that to search for location, you don't have to swipe anymore, but you press Enter on the keyboard.
As a result, search is accessible faster and is consistent with other software, such as Jolla Store and Storeman.

The same search component is used now in Navigation (To/From) and Nearby (Near) for entering locations. This is now major change in terms of getting the locations right. Earlier, you would either have to enter the string and hope that it will be resolved correctly and not hit anything else. Now, you have to select location specifically as a result of that search. Should help to make sure that you are driving to some other city and not into a pub with the same name.

Small bugfixes were included. Finally, translations updated as always - thank you all involved!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
with new version 1.13 is more stable the seachbox, however the issue now is on the resulted randomly, is not give me resulted based in the last GNSS.
the correct resulted is in the pic of medium, on
'Dekalb County, 2.7 km sur'. then will more cool this in the fist page and results.
Attached Images

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2019-01-06 at 23:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
with new version 1.13 is more stable the seachbox, however the issue now is on the resulted randomly, is not give me resulted based in the last GNSS.
the correct resulted is in the pic of medium, on
'Dekalb County, 2.7 km sur'. then will more cool this in the fist page and results.
I presume that you would like to see the closest match first. Issue has been filed regarding it (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/101), now I will just have to get to it at some time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have released 1.14 few moments ago.

Ideally, I would have waited and made a bigger release, but there is a crucial fix for desktop as distributed at Flathub. Namely, with Qt 5.12 platform as requirement, geoclue2 is supported and I managed to get Pure Maps request the positioning data when running in flatpak. So, this release would be of main interest for desktop / portable linux users (building official release at the moment of writing).

In addition, some GUI changes were introduced. I followed the suggestion of GNOME designer (Tobias) and renamed POIs to Bookmarks. Also, "Clean" has been dropped from the main menu. This is since we don't keep tmpPOIs on the map anymore and calculated route can be removed through swiping the navigation panel up. As a result, there is no need to keep Clean either.

For quick overview, when you calculate new route and haven't started navigation, overall and remaining distance/time are displayed instead of the next maneuver in navigation bar (thank you @zwieberl for suggestion!)

Thank you all translators - the updates are merged as well.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
when "auto-center on position" is OFF (just maps display, no navigation) the position cursor is jumping between the actual location and the centre of the display map. Maybe I am wrong but I find this behaviour confusing especially when the actual position and the centre of the displayed maps are close and the position cursor is flashing between two points.

Is there anyway to disable position cursor behaviour, e.g. make it stick to the actual position?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
when "auto-center on position" is OFF (just maps display, no navigation) the position cursor is jumping between the actual location and the centre of the display map. Maybe I am wrong but I find this behaviour confusing especially when the actual position and the centre of the displayed maps are close and the position cursor is flashing between two points.

Is there anyway to disable position cursor behaviour, e.g. make it stick to the actual position?
Sounds like you have development option "Set position to the map center" enabled in your config. Would you mind checking it in the preferences?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Sounds like you have development option "Set position to the map center" enabled in your config. Would you mind checking it in the preferences?
oops, you are right, is it on by default or I have enabled that obviously accidentally?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
oops, you are right, is it on by default or I have enabled that obviously accidentally?
That should not be default. If it is then we have a bug in our hands. I presume that you enabled it...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
That should not be default. If it is then we have a bug in our hands. I presume that you enabled it...
I cannot remember enabling it explicitly, most likely it was enabled accidentally while I was checking preferences? (see clumsy hands).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Folks, I had to revoke Pure Maps Mapbox key, as warned earlier. We are creeping over 50K and, while there was a significant drop in usage of common key (thank you all who registered!), it was still insufficient.

In the future I will make a new public key and we can try again to use it by users who want to mainly check out the application.

On more positive note, https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/149 is welcoming comments and there are few icons needed / button design discussed for new buttons.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: