Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What I thought as first, wrong config:
forw_bef="1"
forw_n_bef="+xxxxxxxxxx9"
forw_aft="1"
forw_n_aft="+xxxxxxxxxx0"
oper="SIM_1"
this means. before switching to sim1 (apparently while sim2 is online) you set a "divert all calls" to xx9. And after switching (sim1 online) you set again a "divert all calls" to xx0. So each time you switch with my app. you cannot receive any call on sim1, as all calls are diverted to number xx0 (explains why switching via dialer works).
But same mistake is also in config for SIM2, so check this out and have a good night.

--edit
It seems you wanto to divert all calls between your 2 SIMs.
So what you have to do is
set in SIM1 config
forw_bef="1"
forw_n_bef="number-of-SIM2"
forw_aft="-1"
and in SIM2 config
forw_bef="1"
forw_n_bef="number-of-SIM1"
forw_aft="-1"
This will divert all calls from currently online SIM to the other one and delete the divert from the other one after switching.

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-09-10 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Many thanks!!! In parametre forw_aft has entered negative value and now works very well! Sweet! LOL I AM VERY HAPPY!
One more question: How I can vote for program SIM-Switcher??? In the past I did not do it and consequently I do not know as.

WISH: If it is possible, make in following versions possibility of display of number SIM not only during switching. For example: the name of the cellular operator "MTC Rus" is now displayed only, make that was "MTC Rus SIM1" (at me both SIM one operator with different tariffs). It is possible? Happens you forget what SIM now it is switched on.

Last edited by Tiran; 2012-09-10 at 08:13.

@peterleinchen

I had a situation where the loop for checking the online status never ended, although the modem was online (at least signal icon and operator name was displayed correctly and I could initiate calls). I checked this by initiating a manual switch, then I got the message "... we need the cell modem to be online for SIM switching ..." in endless loop.

Due to this the script could be started several times (automatically through Alarmed or in command line) but never ending. After doing a killall csd then all scripts instances started to be executed (passing the online check).

Maybe that online check loop would be useful to be interrupted at some point, let's say after 5', and the script could also check if there is already an initiated switch in progress before allowing a new one to be started?

@tiran
Fine. I am glad it works for you.
For feature releases you will have to wait after voting session for "Maemo Coding Competition 2012".

Are you familiar with x-terminal? Or should I present a third icon as app to show last used switching code (001 or 002) and network details.

@yrannadx
You are really stress testing
Do me a favor and tell me which version you are using and also please give me output of
Code:
ls -al /home/user/.config/sim-switcher
and
Code:
ls -al /home/user/.config/sim-switcher/.tmp
I am thinking that there is another user/root mistake. Is it possible that you sometimes run the script as root and not as user?
This will produce some files in /home/user created by root and these are not modifiable/deletable by user anymore. I have fixed that by checking if called as root and then switch to user. I think maybe /etc would be better place for config files. but then only editable via root rightsl so no option. i will stick with the way it is now.

About your current problem: I thought it could be caused by above flaw. But when you say after killing csd everything is executed it can not be. I can only think of that the phone itslef got "irritated" by those double/triple calls and did not update the /var/run/ssc file accordingly. This file describes the status of SIM. If connected. it should say "online". Please check that next time it happens.
Putting something like a file semaphore into sim-switcher is not what I would like to do (could lock you out completely, when script was terminated/killed in the middle); but I think about it...
--edit
Just thought about it and it should be not so tricky to get number of running instances at startup and if greater than 1, then exit gracefully. This I will do in next release.

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-09-10 at 20:31.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Are you familiar with x-terminal? Or should I present a third icon as app to show last used switching code (001 or 002) and network details.
Addition micro-icon in system tray (near to the battery indicator) will be the perfect decision. For example, when it is switched on SIM1 in system tray icon SIM1 is displayed (constantly). As well at switched on SIM2 icon SIM2 is displayed (constantly).

Last edited by Tiran; 2012-09-10 at 21:08.

This for sure have to wait for a while, as
first: I am not allowed to add new features in the next weeks (due to competition rules)
second: I do not know how to do that (now)

But I keep it in mind.

@yrannadx
You are really stress testing
True, actually I am working in testing business currently. . But I am also using your app daily and extensively...

I am using the latest version. Probably those listing are not useful by now... Maybe I should wait for this problem to happen more than once and then let you know. Most probably the script is not guilty this time. But still getting the number of running instances at at startup and exit if needed I think would be an useful check. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
second: I do not know how to do that (now)
The help link: Status menu plugin API

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiran For This Useful Post:
Variant of icons in system tray (it is necessary to adjust only on the size):
Attached Files
File Type: zip SIM_Icons.zip (40.0 KB, 61 views)

It would be much better to use system one, to be in line with maemo5 look&feel. So I would use this icon, with red numbers "1" or "2" instead of red line:

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post: