Hello

For those who already have the N900, can you tell if it's possible to control music playback with the supplied headphones?

Those headphones seem to be good enough not to buy better ones, but it will really annoy me to have to unlock the device only to skip a song.

If I understand there is only 1 button on the headphones, to answer an incoming call. My questions are:

1. When listening to music, can you play/pause with that button?

I have no programming skills, so:
2. Can this button be configured to also launch the music player?
3. Would it be possible to implement the same solution as the iphone headphones that also have only 1 button: single click = play/pause, double click = next song, triple click= previous song

4. Has anyone tried other headphones with a real control remote? Are they compatible with the N900?
5. Are the iphone headphones compatible? (the intra with 1 button and 2 volume buttons?)

Thanks

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
you can find in page 14 of the n900 manual, that music controls aren't supported for headsets...

dunno whether it means, that audio call accepting is impossible too - but if there's a button, that's already supported, the 2) and 3) should be doable...

btw, here's how the headset looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESWrHprFQv4#t=1m42s

i'm not exactly sure, whether that's a button, or just a part of design...

The Following User Says Thank You to andree For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Might be worth to file an enhancement request in bugs.maemo.org against the Media Player. Feel free to!

Okay I'll have a look at bugs.maemo.org

But on the Nokia site, the bluetooth profiles on N900 are: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, FTP, OPP
If I'm not mistaken, AVRCP means that you can control play/pause/next/previous with a bluetooth headset. It would be weird that it's not controlled with wired headset? Anyone from the maemo summit has a bluetooth remote headset to try?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
AVRCP and wired are completely different animals. My current dumbphone will do some things via bluetooth that it won't through a wired headseat, and vice versa.

It disappoints me to hear wired controls aren't supported. I used my Zaurus for my PMP for a while and there was even a headset adapter accessory with controls on it.

Here is the brainstorm that regarding this matter: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...n_input_reader
And here is the official forum discussion: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38799