Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
Time for me to get a BT handset and go properly mobile - but O2's data rates are scary. £7 for 5Mb/month?

The best looks to be T-Mobile's Web'n'Walk, which is an unlimited web browsing add-on to their normal tariffs. A phone like the Nokia 6230i is ideal - no moving parts to break, long life, decent speed, chuck it in my bag and forget about it. And people on here seem to have no problems with the 6230i / 770 connection

Has anyone successfully got the Web'n'Walk service working with their 770? Or am I gonna have to commit and then tell you all how good it is? And are there any sensible alternatives?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London
Originally Posted by andygates
Has anyone successfully got the Web'n'Walk service working with their 770? Or am I gonna have to commit and then tell you all how good it is? And are there any sensible alternatives?
I signed up to Web'n'Walk a few months back on the 40mb a month tarrif with a Nokia N70 phone. Works fine with my 770 but I wish I had the unlimited tarrif as I'm always worried about using too much data...

Cool Now I wonder what this new Web n Walk Pro that they've launched at £8.50 is like...?

I've been looking at the [ Nokia E60 ] that is meant to be coming out right about now (the funk soul brother).

It has VoIP & SIP integrated, although I'm worried about its size.

I miss my 6310i, even with its dicky bluetooth. It was a great size, much like the Motorola SLVR (although I wouldn't touch a moto with a bargepole now - back to Nokia for me). It gives dimensions, but I cant really visualise it until I've SEEN it. Do you guys think this is going to be a decent size?

What do you guys think?

Quite chunky - had a look at it in the showroom today as I signed up for Web n Walk Pro

Weavus, what settings are you using to connect? I can't get past the 770's wonderfully opaque "Network problem" despite a nice chat with T-Mobile's tech support. Pairs up a treat, GPRS modem is on, WAP is good. I feel like I'm one step away from goodness..!

>> EDIT - turned on proxies (edit connection > advanced) and it works. Joy and merriment! Let there be dancing in the unlimited-webgobbling streets...!

Last edited by andygates; 2006-04-22 at 16:38.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hants, UK
One little-known option that is good for occasional users is Orange's "Orange World Daily Extra" on Pay as You Go. It's £1 and gives you unlimited GPRS data all day, excellent value considering the normal rate is £4 per Mb. Normal voice users will need internet GPRS enabled by calling customer services though.

Gareth