Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
I'm planning on selling my N810 with bigger mugen battery and cravesone full size SD card upgrade. I live in Canada but will ship to wherever if you pay the shipping. Is there any interest in buying it before I put it up on Ebay?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antikx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
What's your asking price for it? Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Hello. thanks for the interest. I'm asking $75 USD +shipping.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antikx For This Useful Post:
Mind you that due to pandemic, shipping costs might be higher, time might be longer, and not all couriers ship globally or with standards shipping. Finally, if you sell abroad, there might will be import fees. So, please calculate for the people that are interested how much these extra fees might be...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Mind you that due to pandemic, shipping costs might be higher, time might be longer, and not all couriers ship globally or with standards shipping. Finally, if you sell abroad, there might will be import fees. So, please calculate for the people that are interested how much these extra fees might be...
Having just gone through the process, I must say there's simply too many variables here to give quick & concise info as a seller.

First and most of all it depends on where you want to ship to, duh.

Then, some buyers must have tracking for their shipment, others are happy to use normal non-tracked postal services. Big price difference.
Finally, import fees are not a private sellers concern, to put it bluntly.
The extra work you seem to be demanding here is in no relation to the very modest price. It's not like this guy is trying to make a business here - unlike others.

Are you trying to badmouth other sellers besides yourself?

Last edited by nonsuch; 2020-08-13 at 06:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Based on past experiences trying to sell anything Nokia on eBay, I would prefer not to sell on eBay. If someone wants to make me a reasonable offer I will entertain it. Thanks.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

The Following User Says Thank You to antikx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Having just gone through the process, I must say there's simply too many variables here to give quick & concise info as a seller.

First and most of all it depends on where you want to ship to, duh.

Then, some buyers must have tracking for their shipment, others are happy to use normal non-tracked postal services. Big price difference.
The extra work you seem to be demanding here is in no relation to the very modest price. It's not like this guy is trying to make a business here - unlike others.

Are you trying to badmouth other sellers besides yourself?
Please don't try to start an argument here, we are a community here, I am just saying that we should also check if postage is possible and if yes which services.

Myself, I have had very bad experience with postage during pandemic, so I can tell eg which services we should avoid if possible. I am very unhappy with UPS for instance, I would go with it again only if nothing else is possible

P.S. By the way, I have never sold anything here However, I have found very interesting information on OSs that can't be found anywhere else!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Actually, this is not true everywhere. I think at least in Brazil one has to pay import tolls even for second-hand private imports. And in Turkey one needs to pay extra tolls for devices that are not-for-sale-officially there normally.
There might well be other countrries with special things to consider.

Regarding courier costs; maybe about two years or something I was going to transport a Jolla sbj1 from Finland to Hong Kong, and I contacted several agencies. The cheapest offer I got was 105 euros which is pretty outrageous!
I'd expect to get a package that size to L2 point with that prize!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Actually, this is not true everywhere. I think at least in Brazil one has to pay import tolls even for second-hand private imports. And in Turkey one needs to pay extra tolls for devices that are not-for-sale-officially there normally.
There might well be other countrries with special things to consider.

Regarding courier costs; maybe about two years or something I was going to transport a Jolla sbj1 from Finland to Hong Kong, and I contacted several agencies. The cheapest offer I got was 105 euros which is pretty outrageous!
I'd expect to get a package that size to L2 point with that prize!
In Portugal they don't care if it is a new or an old device. You'll have to pay fees anyway

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Please don't try to start an argument here, we are a community here, I am just saying that we should also check if postage is possible and if yes which services.
You said much more than that, and I stand by my analysis.

You have been active on the forums since I wrote that, and only now that the OP of this thread posted again, you reply to my taunt? It rather confirms my suspicion.

And BTW, it's always a little illogical if someone continues to argue by saying "Please don't try to start an argument here"...

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: