Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Before making a TJC "bug" report, i need to ask y'all first. Has anyone of you got fingerprint reader support on any XA2 variant?
I am asking because i see no mention of missing FP-Reader support in the release notes, yet it is not working on my h4113. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere that the XA2s don't have fingerprint support yet

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I use and like the ambiences a lot. Why?
Maybe because of me forgetfulness. OK I describe the way I use it:

I have three ambiences in use. All are the same picture but dyed in a different signal colour:
Red: Ringtone 100 %, vibrations on
Green: Ringtone 20%, vibrations on
Blue: Ringtone off, vibrations off
I use the volume control settings patch to uncouple the volume hardware buttons from the ringtone setting. So they only control media volume and I can't adjust the ringtone by accident.

So every time I look at my phone I immediately know how my phone works at the moment. If I see blue colour and don't want to miss a call, I have forgotten to set it in the right mode again after the last meeting. And yes you can tell me you can see that on the ringtone Icon. But no, this icon is so tiny, I would oversee it all the time.

So if you ask me, I don't want to miss ambiences and I'm not a powerpoint man.

So claiming that noone is using ambiences, just because YOU don't use them is wrong. I definitely don't want to miss them and would be grateful, if Jolla would work on them further.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re ambiences: same here, as @Fellfrosch. I have separate ambiences for Day (all sounds enabled), Night (no notifications, calls go through), Meeting (no sounds). Having different color schemes makes it easy to check what's the current setting. Having a proper device with the hardware switch for ambiences (tri-state switch on OnePlus X) and Kimmoli's code to enable it, helps a lot. No need to have ambiences on the top menu then...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...74#post1550474

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Anyone else have horrendous battery life on the XA2? I mean, I still return home with 20% left but I'm pretty that's because of the large battery. It never seems to go onto deep sleep, and overnight I could lose up to 50% charge. I checked the processes running from Crest but nothing seems to be consuming CPU or RAM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Anyone else have horrendous battery life on the XA2?
No doubt you have found this thread by now?
https://together.jolla.com/question/...sailfish-3008/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
"no sounds" is FALSE though, because you cant set pulse volume with ambiences. also, you can use volume buttons to make silent-ambience ring, and sailfish3-ambience silent. so i cant trust those visual cues, and i wish i could.

i dont mind ambiences existing, i just want an obvious, reliable, easily-set silent mode.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
"no sounds" is FALSE though, because you cant set pulse volume with ambiences. also, you can use volume buttons to make silent-ambience ring, and sailfish3-ambience silent. so i cant trust those visual cues, and i wish i could.

i dont mind ambiences existing, i just want an obvious, reliable, easily-set silent mode.
After 3.0 I found that the silent ambience was not longer silent for me which was a right pain. ambiences should have a lot more control

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
No doubt you have found this thread by now?
https://together.jolla.com/question/...sailfish-3008/
Yeah, I've read that mutiple times the past few days to see if anyone has any fix, but it doesn't seem so. So I was wondering if anyone here has had enough time with the XA2 to have a fix or something

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ In between
Has anyone else had problems with usb tethering after update to 3.0? Other usb modes seems to work like before update, but internet sharing -option gives only "currently not connected" message in usb modes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qnotus For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x