Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I was not having succes trying to install an app from Warehouse. I then tried the trick of changing clock back to 2015 and it worked! But it is extremely tedious to change date in settings as you have to scroll through months. Indeed, I was really dumb at first trying this trick cause I tried to change the date before firing up the app! As a result it messed up my network connection! Is there a quick way to do this? Terminal command?
Just occurred to me this might make a nice app!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I was not having succes trying to install an app from Warehouse. I then tried the trick of changing clock back to 2015 and it worked! But it is extremely tedious to change date in settings as you have to scroll through months. Indeed, I was really dumb at first trying this trick cause I tried to change the date before firing up the app! As a result it messed up my network connection! Is there a quick way to do this? Terminal command?
Just occurred to me this might make a nice app!
When wanting to change date if you press and hold on month display will change to show months in "vertical stack" and then can whizz back and forwards through the months.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2018-10-27 at 07:52. Reason: Correction

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Thanks. There must be a linux command like date -s .... I tried some versions I found online but I was getting an error like invalid date. So I'm not entering the date in the format it wants. Maybe someone can chime in that knows correct syntax. Now my next question is how to make an app that runs a simple script. Do I need to use a SDK to do something simple like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you try
Code:
date -s '2018-10-27 00:33:25'
of course with devel-su?

And setting up an "app" for Harmattan with Aegis must be a nightmare! (never even tried but...)
if you provide a compressed archive with full paths and just the script as well as a xesktop file there should be no need for an "app" / deb.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NightBall06 View Post
As mentioned above - Yes.
Assuming you mean "Installationen aus anderen Quellen als den Store zulassen" ...
Yep, exactly.

What do you mean "use it wisely"?
Aegis Hack is installed, and with the "agis-dpkg" I've successfully installed Harmojifix etc.
Okay, how should we know.
Then my last guess is follow aspergerguy and set the date of device back to ancient times

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
it is extremely tedious to change date in settings
Just use kernel plus and forget about those date tricks forever.
You can simply flash it (unsupported method), without any data loss, or use with Ubiboot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Oops, yeah.
Might be that Aegis also blocks date setting via command line (it does with mount and other system stuff)?

I was using an open kernel from the early days so I do not remember all what Aegis did block!
With an open kernel there would also be no need for aegis-dpkg.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I was using an open kernel from the early days so I do not remember all what Aegis did block!
Same about me, so can't tell what exactly aegis blocks

The Following User Says Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2018 @ Germany
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
If you have installed Filebox unless need to change date of device back to 2015 for lapsed certificate apps. should just install provided in Settings > Applications > Installations > Allow installations from non-Store sources is enabled.
Thanks - the Date-Trick worked
Although I don't get what the date has to do with it
But thanks anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NightBall06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Packages of software are signed with a certificate to prove they haven't been modified and come from the original maintainer.

These certificate often have an expiry date, after which they are no longer valid. Your phone fails to install the package then, it assumes its not trustworthy.
Setting your date back to the past tricks your phone into thinking the certificate hasn't expired yet.

Don't forget to set it back to now, certificates are usually not valid for dates before their creation. So websites and newer software may not work/install!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9