Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have been trying to make a fresh install to my device. I would like to try to install CSSU thumb. What I have done is that I have first flashed root with flashing instructions without -R. Then flashed EMMC and then again root with -R. Then I have tried to follow instructions of installing CSSU thumb.

My questions are:

After I have fresh install what do I have to do?

What are the mirrors I need to have to be able to install CSSU thumb?

I have clicked with microb browser both the muarf and lilenoise links and I have installed from repository.maemo.org Extras but when I try to install CSSU thumb it says unable to find community-pr-enabler. I have tried installing everything and every mirror but no use. I have searched for answers and tried first installing rootsh and then from there but it is not working. Always can't find community enabler. What do I do wrong and where are working mirrors? And if someone can change those mirrors in wiki could it be possible to update the wiki? Right now I'm so thired of trying and not succeeding.

CSSU thumb is based on CSSU testing. Great. Do I need to install it first or not? If I don't install it first I won't get community enabler. If I try to install I get CSSU testing thumb mirror and I get CSSU enabler on my applications and I can install that but it still says that can't find it when I try to install CSSU thumb.

If I want to overclock can I use settings application for power users kernel with CSSU kernel? If I install power kernel it says different NAND whatever that means. With that kernel I can overclock but when updating it says thought to see 1.3 but finding 1.3 something not showing.

I really really would like to find updated instructions with working mirrors how to do this right.

If there is anyone willing to share information and spend some time to help me I would be very very glad. Flashed now three times this device which is my only phone in use and would like to get this working.

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-02-28 at 21:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
According to this wiki page you just have to click on this and then follow the instructions. The install file will give two repositories to your sources list: http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/community-thumb/ and http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/ so in that way ssu-enabler should be found by app manager or apt.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
can't download community-ssu-enabler. It is not found. That what it says whatever I do. I have clicked that link who knows how many times with every repos and mirrors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Then I think you should do it manually - add the two repos I wrote above to your sources list by setting those in application manager (safer) or edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list because the enabler is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Did not work. I added them to the hildon sources list but still couldn't find it. Then I went to the repo and clicked the enabler with microb and package manager installed it. Tried again install thumb but can't find enabler. Then I installed the cssu testing and then again tried to install thumb. Can't find enabler. It installed the mirror though and I can download apps from there but tried with fennec 17 and it won't open. Just tries and closes straight away. The topic for this thread was incorrect and I will change it to proper when learn how to. Gonna make a new thread where I hope we get all information about working mirrors

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Ok. Now I seem to have cssu thumb. Fennec 17 installed and working. How did I get thumb at last working? Well just from terminal do apt-get updates with and without -f, do upgrades from there too, and do these by disabling and enabling back and forth the mirrors you have. In the end you may suddenly notice that one time when you apt-get update there has appeared for no clear reason 20 possible upgrades and when you upgrade you see how thumb is being installed. So the next question is what mirrors do I need to have enabled and what are not needed at all? I have understood that some have the same as some others but no glue how it goes or are some applications only found at some or do some mirrors have some depencie packages that should still be at hand?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: