Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
am looking for a windscreen/sucker mount thing that holds the n800 securely, allows me to plug in a charger and fm transmitter into the headphone jack.

I'm not running a supersports car or off-roader, so it doesn't need to be military-grade titanium carbon-fibre construction!

Not the cheapest but good quality is proclipusa.com

The sucker mount is here

And the standard N800 mount is here.

There is also a mount with a Tilt and Swivel head and another with a built in Cigarette Lighter Charger.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
If you can find it, the official nokia mount is the cr-86 (for the n800), with the hh-12 windscreen mount.

here's the link to the latter: http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4299032

Is there any cheaper clips for N800 besides ProClip? It's like 60+ dollars to get a mount and holder which is a bit pricey for me.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Not dedicated, that I'm aware of. I got a generic mount from ebay for £10, which works OK, but I'm still thinking of getting a proclip. The only reason I didn't get a proclip in the first place was because I didn't know they did a window mount, and the fixed mounts for my car are all in a crap location.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ U.S.A.
For the extreme adventurers, the N800 will fit snug in an Otterbox 1900. You can probably even go diving with this thing. I mount it to a motorcycle stem using ram-mount.com parts. I expect my n800 to survive motorcycle crashes now.

What I'm still searching for is a device holder; something more convenient than the Otterbox because it will be used in a car. I'm not interested in anything with a suction mount.. they're all garbage, and cosmetically unappealing (not to mention illegal in CA and MN). I already have a solid pro-clip type of VSM (vehicle specific mount). And I have the ball-in-socket hardware. But what I need is a mount that will hold the N800, and attach to ram-mount.com parts.

Suggestions?

Last edited by jgombos; 2008-03-09 at 23:20.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle, WA USA
I also thought the proclip was outrageously priced so I did my own thing.

Got the Pro-Fit WindowMate WM-36 and a Bell cell mount from K-Mart and hacked it with some non-conductive foam and wood and then did a nice finish on it. Attached the Bell holder to the pro-fit with the glue pad and drilling holes in it to match the mount screw holes.

Works like a champ! For about $25 I have a nice mount with tilt and swivel !

Lousy pix of it:

http://wrlabs.shacknet.nu/~vw/tmp/V-N800%20Mount.jpg

I've left the mount in the van just to see how long it take it to come unstuck from the windshield - going on two weeks now, possibly more. Impressive functionality!
Homebrew OTG cable and power injector.

Damn. I want something for the air vent as I don't like sucker mounts cause I don't want my line of sight to be blocked by anything. Plus, I don't like things on my windows. Guess I'll go get a generic one on ebay.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Is a magnetic mount strong enough for in-car use?

I just got my official n800 case, which includes two stick-on magnets. I'm hoping I can find a suitable place for one of these in my car (ratty old RAV4), hopefully with the bottom of the n800 resting on something.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ corpus christi texas
10 bucks.
http://www.meritline.com/360-degree-...da-holder.html