ya bro ,
this mess was created by blessn900.
i tried to purge bless n900
fcam drivers reinstalling
tried reinsatalling blessn900 as well but, failed.

atlast re-flash!!!!

Well I have the same issue but I did not ever install Blessn900. Dunt know what went wrong. maybe its just the fcam drivers... eh.. lemme try out some stuff and see wht fixes it.. instead of reflashing..

Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
Well I have the same issue but I did not ever install Blessn900. Dunt know what went wrong. maybe its just the fcam drivers... eh.. lemme try out some stuff and see wht fixes it.. instead of reflashing..
u know best option is to reflash, it will only take few seconds
(only if u have faster wifi connection, so that u can reinstall all ur needed softwares)

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Actually, it's not needed a complete re-flash. I found out it's enough re-installing maemo software from Nokia OVI Suite, but in any case you have to re-install the whole set of your apps. Fortunately, the configuration of some of them still remain in the phone after SO reinstall.

In my opinion it's not a matter (only) of apps using camera or related to. I've removed flashlight, mbarcode, frontview, blessn900, fcamera, lowlight, hdr... and rebooted again and again. Nothing!. It also happens that if you try to use flashlight, application doesn't start because "camera is being used by another app". In any case, I'm suffering other kind of problems: cannot go back to stock kernel (uninstalling power-kernel), calls don't finish automatically after the other one hangs, errors in dpkg when installing and uninistalling apps (this might be due to another issue with catblock app), etc. and really don't know if they are all related.
I have no idea but i guess it might be related to last CSSU update (camera-ui), pr-fremantle, power-kernel and some of these camera apps. Maybe the order of installation.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,
don't know how, BUT GOT CAMERA WORKING AGAIN!

I've done so many uninstallations that I'm not sure what made it work again. But finally I didn't have to reflash my N900. I think that the latest apps I removed were FrontView900, FlashLight and mbarcode and its several plugins. Then I rebooted once more again.
Of course I managed to purge catblock app but I guess that it was not the cause of the problem (but it was the cause of many other ones in my phone).

Definitively, it has nothing to do, for the moment, with CSSU, power-kernel or pr-fremantle apps. I'm now reinstalling mbarcode and frontview900. It seems to work correctly. Now I go with FCamera. I'll tell you later.

I've just re-installed FCamera and drivers it goes on OK!
Maybe it's because I've not rebooted the machine ... I'm doing it right right now, let's see what happens ... Oooh la la! It works! Definitively it's not a matter of FCamera and its drivers.

Maybe the reason was "abook-qrcode" application. I forgot to mention this app, but it was just one of the latest using camera to be removed from my phone before the solution. Now I'm afraid to reinstall it ... but here I go ... OK, re-installed and rebooted! It still works. was it a problem with "catblock" application and its multiple errors spread through the system?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Hi,

I just had this problem. I had previously had BlessN900, flashlight-applet and mbarcode installed. I removed BlessN900 before I installed kernel-power, as I'd heard there were problems between them, but afterwards the camera application (cssu) showed just a blank screen. Flashlight-applet gave an error that the camera was in use by another application.

I did:

sudo gainroot
apt-get remove fcam-drivers

and rebooted, and it was fixed. It seems that the fcam drivers weren't removed when I uninstalled Bless.

Hope that helps anyone who finds themselves in the same situation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
this worked for me... thanks

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Hi,

I just had this problem. I had previously had BlessN900, flashlight-applet and mbarcode installed. I removed BlessN900 before I installed kernel-power, as I'd heard there were problems between them, but afterwards the camera application (cssu) showed just a blank screen. Flashlight-applet gave an error that the camera was in use by another application.

I did:

sudo gainroot

and rebooted, and it was fixed. It seems that the fcam drivers weren't removed when I uninstalled Bless.

Hope that helps anyone who finds themselves in the same situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to PhopsonNY For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
sudo gainroot

This worked for me.

Not enough the "thanks" button for this kind of help.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ nigeria
please my problem is a little different, my camera was working just fine, slide the camera shutter and automatically opens the camera application. All of a sudden, I attempted opening the camera by sliding the shutter, it didn't work. I opened the camera manually, it said open shutter when it was already open, but when I took off the phone's back cover, I went back to the camera application, it worked perfectly. Anyway to fix the problem? I really don't like taking off the phone back to take pictures.pls what do i do?