Active Topics

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
Hi Rinigus,
Stripping setuid certainly seems to have worked.
No reboots on installation. Install completes, and angelfish shows up in flatpak-runner, as does the angelfish desktop icon.
Every flatpak install (or uninstall) command issued the following warning between 1 and 3 times:
Code:
bwrap: Can’t mount devpts on /newroot/dev/pts: Operation not permitted
Despite this, the command reports completion and everything seems to work.
On a side note, telegram doesn’t start. The GUI window reports “Application finished with exit code 134” and the terminal looks like this:
Code:
 Last login: Tue Apr  7 13:27:43 2020 from 172.20.10.1
,---
| Sailfish OS 3.3.0.14 (Rokua)
'---
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak list --user
Name                                  Application ID                                          Version         Branch         Origin
default                               org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default                                     19.08          flathub
ffmpeg-full                           org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full                                    19.08          flathub
KDE Application Platform              org.kde.Platform                                                        5.14           flathub
Maliit plugin for SailfishOS          org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS                          5.14           flathub
Angelfish Webbrowser                  org.kde.mobile.angelfish                                                master         kdeapps
Telegram Desktop                      org.telegram.desktop                                    2.0.1           stable         flathub
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ flatpak-runner org.telegram.desktop
Starting: org.telegram.desktop
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
Wayland socket: ../../display/wayland-1
WAYLAND_DISPLAY="../../display/wayland-1" FLATPAK_MALIIT_CONTAINER_DBUS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-SNrqq3t4Q8,guid=f6b4913f7c0ddd07f11975ae5e8bf82d" flatpak run --env=QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPI=446 --filesystem=/system:ro --filesystem=/vendor:ro --filesystem=/odm:ro --device=all --talk-name=org.maliit.server --env=QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--disable-gpu-compositing --num-raster-threads=1 --enable-viewport --disable-composited-antialiasing --env=QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_GPU_THREAD=1 --env=QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland= --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Plasma --env=HYBRIS_EGLPLATFORM_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris/linker --env=HYBRIS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/vendor/lib:/system/lib --env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib org.telegram.desktop
[D] onCompleted:424 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:53 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:53:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
[W] unknown:0 - Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland=" in ""
[F] unknown:0 - This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, xcb.

[D] expression for onExit:59 - Skipping quit as it will hang the window. Proper exit is needed
Note that setuid was readded, and angelfish runs well. Also note that the environmental variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland was added.

Thanks again for all your help,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
juz: just to be clear - do you still need setuid to run Angelfish? for me it fails to run without setuid.

Thanks for testing. I hope it will be fixed by recompiling against SFOS 3.3, but time will tell.

As for Telegram, maybe coderus can help out. I don't use it myself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi Rinigus,
I hadn't tried running angelfish without restoring setuid. However I have just ran the following:
Code:
devel-su chmod 455 /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap
I entered my password, and ran:
Code:
flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Angelfish starts and seems to run as per usual.
I can provide more info if required,
thanks again,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
juz: you mistyped QT_QPA_PLATFORM env value with unwanted = at the end (for telegram)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juz View Post
Hi Rinigus,
I hadn't tried running angelfish without restoring setuid. However I have just ran the following:
Code:
devel-su chmod 455 /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap
I entered my password, and ran:
Code:
flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Angelfish starts and seems to run as per usual.
I can provide more info if required,
thanks again,
chmod is expected to be 755, not 455. However, it doesn't change the use for you... Very interesting. This means that either there are changes in kernel options or some extra difference in XZ2 and official Xperia devices. Will learn more when I get to 3.3 SFOS.

coderus: good catch!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi Coderus,
I had seen that extra = in the terminal output and couldn’t understand it as it was not shown in the flatpak runner GUI. However, I had typed the whole item on the name line and nothing on the value line! Now I understand how the layout works. Upon entering the correct name and value all works. Thanks for taking a look and for your feedback.
Hi Rinigus,
I wrote the previous post on my phone and that was a typo. I have just checked my terminal and it was 755 I had written. Sorry for the typo.
Thanks for all the work and help getting my installation set up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Germany
Hi everyone,

just stopping by to say thanks to all involved for making this happen!

Running Angelfish on i4293 and 3.3.0.14 Rokua. Feels really good to have an up to date browser for once.

Telegram Desktop has a few hickups but then there’s the native Depecher or Telegra’me.

What other KDE apps might be worth a try?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kopekenscheich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kopekenscheich View Post
Hi everyone,

just stopping by to say thanks to all involved for making this happen!

Running Angelfish on i4293 and 3.3.0.14 Rokua. Feels really good to have an up to date browser for once.

Telegram Desktop has a few hickups but then there’s the native Depecher or Telegra’me.

What other KDE apps might be worth a try?
you are welcome. as mentioned earlier (probably few pages back in history), regarding other apps: no, not to my knowledge

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
Installing flatpak on XA2 and X gave me the following package conflict:
Code:
File /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
  from install of
     json-glib-1.4.4-1.8.1.jolla.armv7hl (rinigus-flatpak)
  conflicts with file from package
     libjson-glib-1.4.4-1.2.1.jolla.armv7hl (@System)
Seems like Jolla is using an older version of libjson vs. Rinigus repository. I'm not sure if this will break OS stuff that depends on the Jolla provided json-glib or is it safe (having future OS updates in mind) to override this conflict?
Took the pill and installed flatpak on Xperia X using the updated installation instructions w/out using zypper but pkcon. Pkcon did not show any version mismatch that zypper did before so packages got installed without hicups. On the other hand I experied the same system reboot others did, but flatpak-runner installed ok and after launching it the Anglefish icon showed up.

Observations compared Sony X vs XA2: Anglefish runs obviously faster on XA2 compared to X. X is somehow laggy and scrolling isn't that smooth as on XA2. Therefor I wonder if h/w acceleration (OpenGL ES) is missing with the wayland compositor and how it can be enabled if possible?

Other than that great work and kudos to Rinigus for making this possible

Cheers,
Nek

PS:Even if juddery I quite like Anglefish as an updated browser compared to stock Firefox 45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
Took the pill and installed flatpak on Xperia X using the updated installation instructions w/out using zypper but pkcon. Pkcon did not show any version mismatch that zypper did before so packages got installed without hicups. On the other hand I experied the same system reboot others did, but flatpak-runner installed ok and after launching it the Anglefish icon showed up.

Observations compared Sony X vs XA2: Anglefish runs obviously faster on XA2 compared to X. X is somehow laggy and scrolling isn't that smooth as on XA2. Therefor I wonder if h/w acceleration (OpenGL ES) is missing with the wayland compositor and how it can be enabled if possible?

Other than that great work and kudos to Rinigus for making this possible

Cheers,
Nek

PS:Even if juddery I quite like Anglefish as an updated browser compared to stock Firefox 45.
I don't know relative performance of X vs XA2, but I thought they were not that far apart. It is possible that some lib or acceleration is not hooked for X. Now the trick will be to find what. Namely, compare the libs loaded by hybris for some native sailfish app and angelfish.

For that, you have to check what are debug vars for hybris on X (they may have changed between X and XA2). For me, its HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1

So, for example: HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1 flatpak-runner

This is for SFOS native.

and then run

flatpak-runner --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 --env=HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1 org.kde.mobile.angelfish

this is for Flatpak. Then we can compare and add missing libs into
.local/share/flatpak/extension/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.host/arm/1.4

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak