Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Australia
Yep, got the software update alert and now it's updated..
So far food search isn't working, apart from 'hello, time and status' Saera just doesn't understand me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tullamulla For This Useful Post:
I agree!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to getnani For This Useful Post:
Ok, I realized this is because I forgot to update the wordlist before uploading; so you can search for "pizza" or "sushi" but nothing else. I'll update that and re-upload it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
0.1-2 has been uploaded. Now you should be able to ask where food is in general, as well as pasta, falafel, bagels, burgers, hoagies, subs, sandwich, grinder, and barbeque.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Thanks for the fast work, but I would have been able to make it on pizza & sushi for a while longer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
This is going well.

I noticed that if I asked "Search for food", Saera replies "Let me search for food", the GPS starts up, Modrana starts, then "Online POI search is in progress" ... But if you do not have a network connection already, the Online POI search never ends. Perhaps a check to see if a network connection is made, & the "Select network connection" menu if none is active?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
... Perhaps a check to see if a network connection is made, & the "Select network connection" menu if none is active?
Hmm, that should be done by the OS, not by the application. Though I have NFC how python behaves is such situations.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Another observation:

While the N900 was connected to my laptop via USB in the Mass Storage mode, I made an internet connection before starting Saera, then initiated a "Search for food". The GPS icon flashed & established, but then the Modrana screen came up, crashed, & repeated until Saera was stopped.

The above loop happened when connected via USB in Mass Storage mode, but there was no problem when not connected via USB. This may have something to do with Modrana being set up to store tiles on the memory card on my phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
In Russia it is a lot of users N900. Therefore I ask you to add Russian support! In advance thanks!

Originally Posted by Tiran View Post
In Russia it is a lot of users N900. Therefore I ask you to add Russian support! In advance thanks!
I would be happy to, if someone is willing to translate things into Russian!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text