Active Topics

Closed Thread
i finally got it working! time for a celebration!

I just have a few general questions, guys...
1) For those who have overclocked, are the menus 100% usable (as if Android was the native OS)? That is, no lag, no freezing etc etc?
2) Also for those who have overclocked, what sort of battery life do you get under Android? Does it scale the CPU more efficiently now? Not sure if anyone has actually had a go at running their battery down but I'm curious...not much point in installing Android if it is going to burn through half my battery in 2 hours...

Anyway if anyone can shed some light I'd be very appreciative.
Cheers

It is 100% usable without overclocking, but:
-it crashes quite often
-you don't have gsm
-battery management is very basic and power draw huge
-you don't have enough buttons to decently handle the UI unless you quit your volume buttons...

Only point in having it right now is getting an idea of how android looks and feels + testing some apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
It is 100% usable without overclocking, but:
-it crashes quite often
-you don't have gsm
-battery management is very basic and power draw huge
-you don't have enough buttons to decently handle the UI unless you quit your volume buttons...

Only point in having it right now is getting an idea of how android looks and feels + testing some apps.
Can I ask you a couple more qestions?
What class is your microSD card? I read a class6 card performs much better than others and just wondered what you had?

Also, do you have an approximate time for how long a battery would last? Even hazard a guess if you haven't got any concrete number?

Thanks for the speedy response

Class 4 4GB but the OS performs decently. No major lags whatsoever.

It's very hard to approximate since it dies on me every 20-30 minutes (playing a lot around the UI and settings) and reboots use a lot of power.

Given a more fixed activity (gaming) I have not had such issues but the device ran quite hot. I'd guess 4 to 8 hours with moderate usage... but it's a very wild guess.

EDIT: and by 100% usable I don't mean that all apps will run, only a handful, but the general OS is there.

Last edited by Bec; 2010-08-09 at 06:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Stuck in airplane mode...
Every time I boot the airplane mode is on. This doesn't affect connectivity in any way (except for the apps that won't let me do anything because of it) as I can still connect to wireless networks. However the airplane mode stays on.

Once I click on it it grays out until I leave the menu. Tried from the power button menu where it is displayed as being off. Once clicked here, it grays out until reboot.

I tried to overwrite the file system in hope of getting rid of it (repeated step 6) but it's still there and so are my apps.

Any ideas?

I got problem with my memorycard. I installed nitdroid with my new 16gb card, partitioned it to 2gb. Now i flashed n900 back to running maemo. But I cant/dont know how to partition and format the memcard. Im stuck with maemo showing me the size of my memcard is 2gb instead of the 16?

Help would be appreciated.

Just got my HTC LEO/HD2 to boot on Android so I'm in love with it again (I got a N900 after that due to WM). So I just saw how I can get NITDroid on here but I'm stuck at "mke2fs -j -m0 -L NITDroid /dev/mmcblk1p2"

It gives me this note: The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?

Sorry I'll do a search after this...

Thanks guys..lookin' forward to it!

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
@browncaravan you need to do this in xterm:
code:
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
cd /and
rm -rf *
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-N900-the-flying-world.tar

That should do it for you

I take you already did download the newest rootfs -the flying-world- (0.0.6)...

If not get it here:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/NITDro...ing-world.tbz2
Top job. Thanks for that - I'm all up and running. This is where I find out there the next update is out in a day or two and I have to do it all over again, haha. I may require assistance, as and when that happens. Cheers again.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by c4Lvin View Post
Just got my HTC LEO/HD2 to boot on Android so I'm in love with it again (I got a N900 after that due to WM). So I just saw how I can get NITDroid on here but I'm stuck at "mke2fs -j -m0 -L NITDroid /dev/mmcblk1p2"

It gives me this note: The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?

Sorry I'll do a search after this...

Thanks guys..lookin' forward to it!
Sounds like the partition did not work as it cant find the drive try the step below again. Note only change is from the original post u actually remove the symbol < > on boh sides of your number this should create the partition corectly.

umount /dev/mmcblk1p1
sfdisk -uM /dev/mmcblk1 << EOF
,<SIZE>,C
,,L
EOF

Closed Thread