Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Suckers.
I saw Jolla1 on ebay and such for below 100€. This year.
It also depends on the condition of course, and on the accessories. Mine was the limited edition the first one back cover + 2 more original covers (white and blue), plus complete box and accessories, plus 3 genuine batteries, everything like new in perfect condition.

I believe it that a Jolla Phone can be cheaper, but it always depends on what it comes with it and how well preserved it is

The Following User Says Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Suckers.
I saw Jolla1 on ebay and such for below 100€. This year.
The First One with the orange Other Half?

I was preparing myself to give mine away. For free. The First One, but with some faults and without the orange TOH (I gave it away long ago). But I may squeeze a bit more life out of it yet

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
No, it wasn't a "collectors item"

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
There was an offer through ebay, which I accepted, so the ad went down, but later on the order was cancelled, so the device is still available

Scrolling down the ads for sale, I found an older one of mine. I was selling a black N950 with spot, and the final price was about 500 euro (was sold in us dollars at a higher price, so after conversion it was about that price).

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100685

It was sold within about 2 months only as far as I remember. Surprisingly, the 100-400 times rarer silver N950 that I sell here for the same price, is still available. Do people prefer the common black N950 over the very rare and unreleased silver ones? I wonder...

In the first case you gain 2x RAM, in the second case you gain 4x more storage capacity + about 100-400x (estimated) more rarety... In the past I would trade two-three black N950 for one silver of similar condition, and the owner of the silver would have been still difficult to convince...

Last edited by Mivas_Greece; 2020-10-18 at 15:04.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think this is not collector forum but a user forum. And for users there are now new devices if someone wants to have a hwkb device: Gemini, newer Cosmo, F(x)tec pro1. As a user I don't see a point spending big money on something like N950.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The N950 was cool but never got the deep community hacking done like the N9 or N900 though could do N9 apps.
I still want to see more about the mythical machined titanium case and sapphire screen Vertu indestructible Maemo prototype.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I think this is not collector forum but a user forum. And for users there are now new devices if someone wants to have a hwkb device: Gemini, newer Cosmo, F(x)tec pro1. As a user I don't see a point spending big money on something like N950.
I was wondering in general, not specifically for this forum. I had sold the black N950 outside of this forum, and probably this will apply to the silver at some point. But I have them in the same condition, same price, and yet, the much rarer silver is still available, while the black was sold quite fast. That's why I was wondering...

Other than that, I agree with you, that probably people will also seek into options like the rather expensive Gemini Planet devices or the Fxtec Pro1 as potential Communicator/QWERTY slider modern successors with the focus on Sailfish.

Collection-wise, I would like to see in flesh a Nokia Lauta, which apart from some leaked photos back at the time, I have never seen any for sale or from a collector etc...

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
The N950 was cool but never got the deep community hacking done like the N9 or N900 though could do N9 apps.
I still want to see more about the mythical machined titanium case and sapphire screen Vertu indestructible Maemo prototype.
I used to use various tweeks for landscape mode, widgets, backgrounds etc. Probably the N9 has more I guess, but perhaps they can also work on the N950 too. They share many things.

As for Vertu devices, they had always been luxury, expensive and collectible, especially prototypes, and even more now that Vertu doesn't exist anymore (probably Nokia won't exist either if MS buys what's left of it - Networks).

So, what is the codename of the specific device you refer to?

We are in the middle of a pandemic.
Maybe people are not willing to throw away so much money for old devices that have no use for. For now at least.
But If you think it’s such a valuable, rare device and you are a collector, why are you trying to convince people to buy it instead of keeping it for yourself? Just wondering.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego, n9-00, nokia, prototype, unreleased