I've been using QTMobileHotspot for several months now (I was never able to get the regular "Mobile Hotspot" to work) and It's been working well besides the annoying speeds that I have.

When I tether my laptop via USB, I obtain around 6Mbps down/1.5Mbps up through T-Mobile.

When I connect to my N900 via Wifi using QT Mobile Hotspot, I obtain around 1 Mbps down/ 1Mbps up.

Has anyone else had these types of issues with their wifi tethering and if so were you able to fix them?

For reference I'm using KP51, the latest CSSU testing and have my phone overclocked to 800mhz.

Edit: The problem that I always had with the regular MobileHotspot was that although my devices could connect to my N900, internet woudn't be routed so it was basically useless.

QTMobile Hotspot uses WEP only (I think, Mobile Hotspot, as well). Did you ever try a Bluetooth connection? That is very safe and possibly quicker.

Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
QTMobile Hotspot uses WEP only (I think, Mobile Hotspot, as well). Did you ever try a Bluetooth connection? That is very safe and possibly quicker.
I get around the same speeds with bluetooth as with Wifi.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I'm usually unable to make other devices use the wifi hotspot. There's always some stupid, unspecified issue, so that feature is basically useless for me. Usb tethering works like a charm though, with out any speed problems. My N900 is almost setup the same as yours, without the overclocking.