Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
My N800 has decided it doesn't feel like downloading files in the browser.
(now booting Diablo from SD - thanks Fanoush! http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t.php?p=223396)

Installing from the App Manager seems fine but any 1-click install or any other file will display the open/save dialog box (accepts either), but then the download dialog opens and just adds the file to the queue. Clicking Resume changes the button to Pause, but still, nothing happens.

It seems like the browser can't open multiple file transfers... and there's some other file it's waiting on. Even if there's nothing in the list of course.

I tried 'apt-get update' but other than updating a few things, no improvement.

Searching the forums, I found a few other posts with the , but nobody noted what solved the issue. The server being down was a possibility but it doesn't seem to matter which site, no site's file can be downloaded,

I tried to download the Gronmaye Repos but... of course, the install-all file won't work ;-(

Last edited by dgec; 2008-09-15 at 23:51. Reason: url fixed

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Not sure if this'll help with the Gronemayer issue, but I have downloaded the "install all" file from that site to a laptop or PC, then dumped the file onto a miniSD card via a card reader, put the card into my n810 then clicked on it and it installed all the repo details into the Installation Manager.
(I had to resort to this workaround a while ago when my n810 baulked at even opening the Gronamayer site, so I couldn't add a single repo, let alone many)
Hope this helps.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Thanks. I thought of doing something like that, but obviously that only works for the repos. I have other files to download too, that the should handle: code, text, etc.

If I can't figure out soon I'll try reflashing - just when I thought it was fixed.

Last edited by dgec; 2008-09-15 at 21:45.