Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
First of all, sorry for starting a new thread but I haven't found what I was looking for with the power search.

I have bought used N900 recently (again), flashed it and started from scratch. After successful setup of the Skype, I wanted to set up Facebook chat as well but failed miserably. It says that my username or password are incorrect. After I checked several times to make sure that I'm entering the right username and password something got me thinking that maybe we can't use this feature on the N900 anymore.

Is there a way for FB chat to start working again?

tnx in advance

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Hello

Sorry to pass negative news to you, but that feature stopped working a while ago due to Facebook dropping xmpp for their chat system.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, all that N900 is good for now is the music player.

What about some other instant messaging services (I've tried Yappari, but it's constantly crashing)?
What can we use Google IM account for (whether people with Android phones can write us)?

Sorry for bad English. I hope that you can understand me.

Last edited by branja; 2016-04-13 at 18:51.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by branja View Post

Unfortunately, all that N900 is good for now is the music player.
It depends on your needs. For many of us N900 is for Linux in your pocket, which is largely still relevant

What about some other instant messaging services (I've tried Yappari, but it's constantly crashing)?
Yappari works. It does crash sometimes, but it gets the job done.

What can we use Google IM account for (whether people with Android phones can write us)?
No, Android phones can not write to us. But persons using Gtalk with for example Pidgin can

You may find that you just need to buy an Android phone instead

Last edited by sicelo; 2016-04-13 at 19:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
I will never buy Android phone. My little N900 is still serving me well, even for basic communication.

I can confirm that it is possible to chat with Android users via Google IM on N900 and Google Hangouts on the Android phone.

Next stop for me is to learn how to use Pidgin and Telegram purple plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to branja For This Useful Post: