Posts: 29 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Wisconsin
I installed the OS 2008 Hacker Edition for the Nokia 770 and although there were dire warning about performace it ran well. The only issue I had was the system sound. It was extremely low. This happened from boot forward. Any internet radio stations I added were barley audible.. BUT the preset BBC stations were of normal volume. I have since uninstalled and returned to OS 2007 HE BUT I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this issue? Any help appreciated.. thanks

Speaking of issues, there are already a few topics about 2008He on 770, so if you're starting a new one, at least make it specific and please give it a specific subject. It's really not cool to browse a forum looking like this:
- OS2008He on Nokia 770
- OS 2008 on 770
- Nokia 770 and OS2008He

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilavati For This Useful Post:
I think the largest existing thread is called "Chinook for 770" or something :-)

EDIT: "770 and Chinook?", actually :
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16468

Last edited by fpp; 2008-02-26 at 13:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Wisconsin
Thank you. This is the first forum I have ever posted in.. I usually search and solve. Love my 770 and it's been a learning experience considering I knew nothing when I started. I'll do better next time.

Banned | Posts: 82 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Israel
i installed the os2008 today and till now i found the following bugs:1)the sound is horrible and u just can't listen to music in this way,also it's very low.2)no support for video at all,i guess the codecs are missing or just doesn't work.3)it crashes when it boots up if u touch the screen,u will need to wait about a minute and then u can do whatever u want and it won't crash.4)it needs at least 16mb virtual memory,as more as u add it will improve the performance,in my case i added the whole 64mb and it runs very good.5)no flash support althoug google maps works very good,youtube,google videos and the rest are not available in this os2008HE.6)skype doesn't work that good,in fact i wasn't able to make calls,it says a codec is missing in the error pop up i receive,the chat on it works perfect.
those are at the moment the bugs i found,i'll keep this os coz it looks so cool,it's a beautiful os,anyway i'm not a media guy so i don't care about the sound and i believe in some days,weeks or months all this bugs will be fixed,remember it's the first release and it's not recomended to install if u want a stable os.at the moment except the bugs it's very stable for me.i'll keep it.

EDIT: i found a nice trick to increase a bit more the performance,u may turn the brightness to thr minimum or at least very low,i know it's dark but not that much and also the volume coz anyway the sound sucks,doing this the performance increases very nice and the browser gets a lot of more speed.check it by yourself

Last edited by luis-garcia; 2008-03-01 at 22:13.

hi...

thanks for the link miss illivata....

and try to update the details...

bcoz Nokia 96 gonna rock soon

I think also 770 problem

I want to update my n770 to the tablet 2007, where can I download it? I know that i could use some site posted here but it ask me for an Id number that I donīt know how to get.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cura37 View Post
I want to update my n770 to the tablet 2007, where can I download it? I know that i could use some site posted here but it ask me for an Id number that I donīt know how to get.
Get it from here:

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/

The ID number you have to enter is your WLAN Mac (without colons). It's printed in the battery compartment when you open the 770. The About dialog in settings shows it, too, IIRC.

Is Nokia not interested to correct sound in 2008He ,
never tested ?
Sound was fine in 2006, 2007He
so what's wrong with 2008He
Does it mean N800, N810 come with the same sound quality ?