Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
fyi, I found it. The voice file, english_f, given in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ht/true#M28220, this link was mentioned in post # 321 of this thread, contains a set of three .lua instead of just the config.xml

cheers,
Thanks! These files are a tonne easier to use, they even have the maneuver functions all written out already. I'll definetly try to use these instead of the old config.xml version (as its a massive headache to figure it out).

thanks again

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I finally downloaded OMserver and gave it a try. I like the the idea of using OMserver so thanks for the effort. Some things I noticed: When I use the imperial units the initial directions do not make sense. For example, it might say "fifty quarter mile". The "fifty" is not needed. When I switch to metric the initial directions are then " 300 meters" which was ok. Anyways, this did not happen with the previous version. (Note a quarter mile is about 402 meters which is close enough...I guess...). The second thing I noticed is that I am not allowed to route without enabling OMserver. Is this by design? Finally, although the ovi maps is not too bad in general it gave me terrible directions for this test run! Good thing I knew where I was going...
I'll look into the imperial units thing, thanks for that

As for the routing without OMVS, its mainly due to a small change in the html code that causes all searches to be sent to OMVS (http://localhost:9999 etc). This was to implement the offline POI feature mentioned above. I understand it means that people can't use OviMaps without having the server running, so i've attached here a copy of index.html without the change (hence allowing searching without omvs, but doesn't allow offline POI searches).

Lastly, yea this ovi maps does suck at routing. It always takes me the long way for some unknown reason... sadly I have no power over that, so I can't change anything

Thanks for the bugs though
Attached Files
File Type: zip index.zip (222.8 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-04-15 at 15:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
It seems to me that tracking is stopped when ovi map is running in the background. May be this is by-design with OVI map itself?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
I'll look into the imperial units thing, thanks for that

As for the routing without OMVS, its mainly due to a small change in the html code that causes all searches to be sent to OMVS (http://localhost:9999 etc). This was to implement the offline POI feature mentioned above. I understand it means that people can't use OviMaps without having the server running, so i've attached here a copy of index.html without the change (hence allowing searching without omvs, but doesn't allow offline POI searches).

Lastly, yea this ovi maps does suck at routing. It always takes me the long way for some unknown reason... sadly I have no power over that, so I can't change anything

Thanks for the bugs though

Hmm... I tried the new index file but it did not work. I still need OMVS to route. Not a big deal in itself... The overall functionality is still better.

Any chance of you guys somehow making Ovi maps more portrait friendly? Or will that cause you to breach the whole closed source crap?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
OM Voice server is not starting up after installing update on the SSU features update today, can anyone help?

following messgae run from terminal
/ # ./home/opt/maemo/omvoiceserver
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Segmentation fault

Last edited by vivmak; 2011-04-17 at 11:49.

Hi guys thanks for all the goodwork.using the Ovi maps on the weekend made me realise what a nice app it is......so I decided today to get the new features and voice activated.

I'm coming in being an early adopter to Modrana so I'm familiar with the voice nav via espeak.

I'm running PR 1.3

I followed Jiri's instructions line by line.

but figured I didnt need 1.1 (get espeak) as I already had it installed. I followed the rest of the steps successfully...but just 'clicked to unzip' at step 6.1 which created a /english_us/english_us folder in folder. So using SSH I moved the files up a level and deleted the extra folder.

I figured 6.3 is optional if language is to remain english US ?

Skipped 7 too as I was not sure about that?

Anyway - all the new features are there in the Ovi Maps, but no voice.

troubleshooting steps:
1) Downloaded OMVoiceServer, then under options browsed to /english_us/english_us_male folder as the voice file.
2) Changed my local from UK English/region New Zealand to US / US
3) Tested espeak was working via terminal (yes)
4) Tested espeak via OmVoiceserver (YES)

Not sure but I've cocked something up in the steps...

does anyone have help for this novice?

thanks so much,

Last edited by janszoon; 2011-04-18 at 07:08.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Any chance of you guys somehow making Ovi maps more portrait friendly? Or will that cause you to breach the whole closed source crap?
Its dependant mainly on CSS code. If anyone is good at CSS, it can be done. Sadly I'm not, so it won't be included in any release I do.

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
OM Voice server is not starting up after installing update on the SSU features update today, can anyone help?

following messgae run from terminal
/ # ./home/opt/maemo/omvoiceserver
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Segmentation fault
Seems odd. I'm running the latest SSU and its been running fine. I tried running it from terminal also and it worked fine. Sorry I have no idea... maybe uninstall and reinstall? Let me know if you find anything

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
Hi guys thanks for all the goodwork.using the Ovi maps on the weekend made me realise what a nice app it is......so I decided today to get the new features and voice activated.

I'm coming in being an early adopter to Modrana so I'm familiar with the voice nav via espeak.

I'm running PR 1.3

I followed Jiri's instructions line by line.

but figured I didnt need 1.1 (get espeak) as I already had it installed. I followed the rest of the steps successfully...but just 'clicked to unzip' at step 6.1 which created a /english_us/english_us folder in folder. So using SSH I moved the files up a level and deleted the extra folder.

I figured 6.3 is optional if language is to remain english US ?

Skipped 7 too as I was not sure about that?

Anyway - all the new features are there in the Ovi Maps, but no voice.

troubleshooting steps:
1) Downloaded OMVoiceServer, then under options browsed to /english_us/english_us_male folder as the voice file.
2) Changed my local from UK English/region New Zealand to US / US
3) Tested espeak was working via terminal (yes)
4) Tested espeak via OmVoiceserver (YES)

Not sure but I've cocked something up in the steps...

does anyone have help for this novice?

thanks so much,
Jiri's steps and the OMVoiceServer are different. Jiri's instructions use the python server, which OMVS has replaced. With OMVS you'll need a different html file also try these instructions:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Ovi_Maps_Extra...latest_version

If your using Jiri's method, did you download and run the python server? Step 6.3 is to change the location of the files. For my N900, as I placed my sound files in a different location, I changed the location in the server. For step 7, I have no clue but I assume its to run the server. I usually just type "python speak.py" as my server was placed under user/home.

With OMVS, you will need to configure the location of the sound files (but it has a GUI so its a lot easier) and change the html file (as it uses a different method of sending information), then just run the server and ovi maps and route somewhere

Let me know if you need more help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post

Seems odd. I'm running the latest SSU and its been running fine. I tried running it from terminal also and it worked fine. Sorry I have no idea... maybe uninstall and reinstall? Let me know if you find anything
I have uninstalled and resintalled few times now with the same error. What is "Segmentation fault"

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
@Vivimak, try 'run-standalone.sh /home/opt/maemo/omvoiceserver' in terminal. Segmentation fault is like run-time error in windows.

By the way, for me the gui for omvoiceservice doesn't start. Even if i try from commmand line, it runs the program (i can see it in ps), but no gui and no error or any kind of message. Any idea why this might be?

-sc