Where can I download latest stable OS2007?

Due to debacle with downloading of OS2008 and already reported numerous bugs of that version I will stay with OS2007. But here are also problems... De-calibrating screen, power on-off enigma. WTH? Is this really such piece of crap?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
A) Flash with the Nokia update wizard and select OS2007

B)You can download the latest OS2007 from here
Search for the OS&SDK over your right on that page.
You should enter your wlan address in order to be able to download the files.
This way you can save the OS images you want just in case the download from the wizard becames unavailable..
Once downloaded, you should rename the files as .bin
Regarding the OS2008, I would suggest give it a try...In my opinion, overall is better than OS2007
Ah, remember when you do the process to upgrade thru the Nokia wizard, select "change" (I'm not sure, but think the button is "change" or something like that) and look for the file you have downloaded.
Hope this help!

Last edited by akd; 2007-12-22 at 15:44.

Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Where can I download latest stable OS2007?

Due to debacle with downloading of OS2008 and already reported numerous bugs of that version I will stay with OS2007. But here are also problems... De-calibrating screen, power on-off enigma. WTH? Is this really such piece of crap?
You haven't ever seen the bug list for some major software product. Try the Firefox bugzilla for starters, proceed to the Linux kernel, and if you aren't shocked enough to give up on computing, go on to notice that MS are just about to reach their 1.000.000th knowledge base article - and only comments, fixes and patches made available to the general public register there, their count of internal or unresolved bugs and requests will be at least a magnitude higher...

As OS2007 downloads from the same servers as 2008 (and hasn't even been mirrored), poor server bandwidth in particular is no reason to download 2007. And in terms of bugs, 2008 is generally a improvement, adding several missing features, while so far the number and impact of bugs is not that much higher than on 2007 latest.

Most issues posted here are not bugs, but install failures due to server overload (apparently resolved by now), errors due to installing 2007 backups over their new 2008 release, or in some cases installing from wrong (2007) files - if you don't do any of that, it is very solid.

But if there is nothing in 2008 which you need, it is not unwise to stay with 2007 for some more time - right now, many less popular software packages have not yet been ported, and the upgrade is inevitably lossy (recovering settings from backup is not recommended and known to cause problems across a 2007>2008 upgrade, so you'll have to configure from scratch). But in the long run, much stuff will be 2008 only...

The Following User Says Thank You to sevo For This Useful Post:
Yes, I know much about bugs. But there are bugs which really could affect me: SDHC cards corruption is back, not fixed power enigma and several others. BTW I am Linux user - should I follow flasher command line procedure or there is something newer?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
SDHC cards corruption is back
No, no it's not.

The issue in OS2007 had to due with some cards not being able to handle the voltage change when it changed when the display went to sleep during a write. This resulted in totally non-functional cards and is not the same thing that's going on in OS2008.

Besides which, I'm not actually convinced that there is a "SDHC corruption bug". It seems like OS2008's behavior towards already corrupt cards is more strict (generally a good thing), OS2008 is being blamed for cards that were already corrupted (but still being used in OS2007) or were corrupted around the time of the upgrade, but not by it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Is this the place to get the 2007HE? Mameo?

Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Is this the place to get the 2007HE? Mameo?
This is: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/os2007_hacker_edition.php

Last edited by lilavati; 2008-07-06 at 09:29.

Originally Posted by lilavati View Post
This is: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/os2007_hacker_edition.php

when i go there and enter my code it is telling me it is invalid. I have no problem getting in for the n810 site but not this one. How can I get in using n810?

Eric

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Originally Posted by shortymcshort View Post
when i go there and enter my code it is telling me it is invalid. I have no problem getting in for the n810 site but not this one. How can I get in using n810?

Eric
If you have a n810 then OS2007 is not for you, it is only for n800 and the link you spoke of is only for the 770. Is you want to get the OS for your tablet go here and click on what you have.

Originally Posted by ericdkirk View Post
If you have a n810 then OS2007 is not for you, it is only for n800 and the link you spoke of is only for the 770. Is you want to get the OS for your tablet go here and click on what you have.
Ok thanks for clarifying that for me. I downloaded the latest OS 2008 today and I can't get rdesktop to work and logmein is really really slow compared to what OS i had before. That is the main reason I bought n810 so I was just trying to go back to the original settings. Although I tried to go back using Control Panel/Tools/Restore original settings and that didn't work.

Eric