Active Topics

Regarding my first impressions above:
I was (also) wrong about the "having to swipe to key pad" part. I've edited the post accordingly. If I find a thumb position where the finger print works all the time, it'd be pretty usable, even with having to press the button.

Regarding the Gallery:
While the multiple ways to exit an Image view are a bit irritating at first and it's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, I agree it's really much, much better than the abhorrent tap-to-split view and a lot less confusing for new users.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Sounds like your SD card got a new mount point and the gallery is still showing the old picture index. At least take the time to check whether everything is actually gone before boldly claiming it is.
I did, and it is. Before I posted I mounted the SD card in my PC and verified the loss. ./Pictures and ./Video on the SD card are spectacularly empty. They also weren't visible from a file manager on the phone.

I said 'it seems' to allow for my being mistaken, not for my not bothering to check. I recovered a lot of deleted images overnight, but can't check them until I get home.

At least take the time to check before calling me an idiot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Sounds like your SD card got a new mount point and the gallery is still showing the old picture index. At least take the time to check whether everything is actually gone before boldly claiming it is.
I made a link to my mounts, because neither File Manager nor ownKeepass saw the SD card mounted:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ln -s /run/media/nemo/ mounts
Does not directly help with the camera, though. But I guess you could link the Pictures directory to the card, if it does not change it's mount point again.
Edit: That won't bring back lost files, obviously
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Something nice that I noticed:

Previously when listening to music with Sailfish, and an e-mail alert enters, or SMS or any system sound, the music would be muted while the sound was playing. Now the music continues to play, but it's volume is lowered during the system sound.

This was driving me insane. Now it's pretty nice.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
I did, and it is. Before I posted I mounted the SD card in my PC and verified the loss. ./Pictures and ./Video on the SD card are spectacularly empty. They also weren't visible from a file manager on the phone.

I said 'it seems' to allow for my being mistaken, not for my not bothering to check. I recovered a lot of deleted images overnight, but can't check them until I get home.

At least take the time to check before calling me an idiot
I didn't say anything of the sort, although it is still literally impossible that this update removed any of your pictures or videos - the update process does not touch user files at all, nor does it touch the SD card. It must have happened some other way.

Edit: at least one other person has apparently experienced the same problem: https://together.jolla.com/question/...r-of-pictures/

Last edited by nthn; 2018-06-01 at 17:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
I got exactly oposite, galery just doubled all my photos, was surprised to see nearly 10 000 pictures did the tracker database refresh and got back to real 4984 photos

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I didn't say anything of the sort.
I didn't intend to suggest that you did, that's why there's a smiley at the end. You did suggest that I made my statements without checking their accuracy, I simply intended to suggest you apply the same standard to your own comments. My humour, such as it is, falling on deaf ears as so often the case

I didn't intend to suggest it was done by the update process either. It was almost certainly done by some action or interaction in the camera or gallery app. The camera app claimed to be using the SD card, but no new pictures were appearing in the gallery, and the camera app refused to take more than one picture unless closed and restarted.
File Manager showed files on the SD card, but as I said, Pictures and Video folders empty. I removed the SD card and verified on PC, then set a job to recover deleted files, which was looking to be fairly successful when I left it at 2am.

Camera operates normally when storing to internal memory, as expected.

Enough said. I'll carry on using my MX4 Ubuntu phone as workshop camera. Oddly it's one of only two apps on that device which isn't completely hateful.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
I didn't intend to suggest that you did, that's why there's a smiley at the end. You did suggest that I made my statements without checking their accuracy, I simply intended to suggest you apply the same standard to your own comments. My humour, such as it is, falling on deaf ears as so often the case

I didn't intend to suggest it was done by the update process either. It was almost certainly done by some action or interaction in the camera or gallery app. The camera app claimed to be using the SD card, but no new pictures were appearing in the gallery, and the camera app refused to take more than one picture unless closed and restarted.
File Manager showed files on the SD card, but as I said, Pictures and Video folders empty. I removed the SD card and verified on PC, then set a job to recover deleted files, which was looking to be fairly successful when I left it at 2am.

Camera operates normally when storing to internal memory, as expected.

Enough said. I'll carry on using my MX4 Ubuntu phone as workshop camera. Oddly it's one of only two apps on that device which isn't completely hateful.
I just added an edit to my previous post, someone else has apparently had the same problem: https://together.jolla.com/question/...r-of-pictures/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Something nice that I noticed:

Previously when listening to music with Sailfish, and an e-mail alert enters, or SMS or any system sound, the music would be muted while the sound was playing. Now the music continues to play, but it's volume is lowered during the system sound.

This was driving me insane. Now it's pretty nice.
Really? Hurray, finally!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
hmm nothing on browser...shame

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: