Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I am. Who here isn't?
Maybe next time say "I don't have any use for a tablet" if that's what you really mean? Or were you unaware that other people have a use for tablets?

Originally Posted by Sichtelement View Post
Latest statement form Youyota:
This is a pathetic 'update' considering the circumstances.

Presumably MOQ stands for Minimum Order Quota or something? How likely is it that they will manage to find someone willing to pay for another 2000 of these tablets? The tablet hardware was already a bit dated in 2017. If the backers received one today (and we should have received it by now) it would be noticeably old, and judging by the current progress I imagine we will be waiting a long time yet. In these circumstances, what kind of investor would throw more money into the project to triple the number of tablets being produced, particularly as the only real reason I can see for wanting one is the OS, and most of that market have already bought in?

I wonder how much of the money is gone - they should be open about it and give people the choice of cutting their losses and being refunded whatever hasn't been spent.

Even if there's a decent chance that the tablet could actually be delivered, I don't trust this team any more.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Maybe they could get more orders, if the previously committed funds and any new funds for additional 2K orders were in some locked escrow account that only unlocked after the company delivered the 3K to its customers, or returned to its backers if the 3K is not achieved.

I wanted this initiative to succeed but right now, they have a credibility and trust problem, not sure who would want to risk money on this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
There is no use for tablets (as the term is understood today - of course, back in the day the N900 and its predecessors were called tablets). I've never wanted any tablet, not even a Sailfish one. For me there is no space that it can occupy between a 5"+ screen smartphone and a laptop. They have no added benefit to offer. So, I never backed Jolla's tablet, and I sure as hell was never going to back this one.

Incidentally, the only device I've ever "backed" in my life was the Neo900. More than 4 years later, I still don't have it in my hand. But I've never cried about it, like some people do Dave999.
I know you're catching flak for saying that there's no need for a tablet - which I disagree - but I have different uses than you. In fact, there seems to be many millions that have disagreed with you.

And fewer for the N900 or Neo900. Much fewer. There's really no need for the Neo900. But I'm glad the potential option does exist.

I'm quite sure this will evoke an obligatory "I don't care" response or something akin; but this is about something that may be happening around this tablet.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
lol, i have no use for a tablet, but i wanted to state that I still had a use for Sailfish. so i backed the project, and i'd still like to have the result.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
So cheer up, the battle hasn't ended and we haven't lost it yet. There were lots of fights from the behind. And regardless of various actions, I don't think there will be a financial lost in the end. I am doing my way to make it a positive end for the community. And (unlike Youyota) I do keep promises.
So what's your general strategy now ?
Consider the project unachievable an try to get a reimbursement of the funds invested ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
I'm still trying to get my hands on a tablet, as I am aware that Saera does not currently work on the Jolla tablet but have no way to debug it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
So what's your general strategy now ?
Consider the project unachievable an try to get a reimbursement of the funds invested ?
First of all, you all deserve my full respect for not turning this into a mess and keeping a clear head.
Bravo, i am really proud to be part of this community of grown ups.

I was typing a lengthy defense of chen for changing first post and other details for the last three days reading the thread but i realized it is not necessary to play captain obvious again.

If only youyota would realize they have nothing to fear when joining us here.
I guess we all would love to at least have a deadline for when they think all hope is lost for actual delivery and maybe the reasons why so.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So what have learned?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
We already knew that uncertainty is bad and invites speculation.
But i learn you keep calm also, so the situation can't be too bad as of now

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
But i learn you keep calm also
Nothing to do with him not being affected, I suppose?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os