Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Marc Dillon showing up like an ex who's left something at your house.

Hi, yeah, yeah, I know we haven't spoken in a while, how's that project of yours going? Great, great, cool. Look, I got bored of making chargers now I'm doing something with the buzzword of the day and I was wondering, could I tangentially strap myself to your project for little discernible reason? Yeah, I'll buy and give away some of ... what were you doing ... phones yeah right, those phone things you do, sure sure. I'll bundle my app on them and everything. Hey look maybe you could help me finish the app too actually, I know you love doing that? You still really have a special place in my heart (and on my ear), you'd do that for me wouldn't you? No no it won't take any time away from you staying afloat or relevant or ANYTHING like that. And you'll totally be my primary platform, the huge Android addressable market hasn't distracted me at all, I still only have eyes for you. So you'll send out the press releases and do some free work for me? Great great. SO COOL to see you again, look, sorry, but I got to run, BYE.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Zipper - sell us your data because we're having a hard time nicking it off you for nefarious purposes, we want to aim pointless crap at you while you sleep, eat and shag!. Yeah, no thanks, keep it.
Watchmaker has it exactly right above in comment #9.

This is about making blockchain and cryptocurrency easy and straightforward.

It's about (in the future) 5 USD up front devices that provide a out-of-box experience for this.

It's not about pointing pointless crap at people - by far.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Something new from Stskeeps
At first, Zipper provides everyday smartphone users an easy and safe way to manage their identity and private keys. This makes it possible for anyone to access blockchain based services out-of-the-box in an easy and intuitive way - just like Apple’s services on iOS today - while being in full control of their identity, transactions and data.
So, what does you app do now? I'm pretty sure SFOS handles my identities and private keys very well with the default unix-based tools, thank you very much.

Which "blockchain based services" should I be able to access now? And which benifits do they bring over conventional services, already available today?
I'm sorry but this sounds like another ******** bingo project which only exists because most of the people do not seem to understand the concept behind blockchain-based crypto currencies. The only advantage of crypto currencies like BTC, being able to pay anonymously is long clouded by the many disadvantages like high-risk, unstable prices, transaction fees making daily useage unfeasible and shitty wallet services / softwares losing the funds of their users all the time.
Sure, there are some interesting approaches for the blockchain idea in science, but there still does not exist a single idea for a legit, everyday service based on this technology which convinces me. Instead, this feels more and more like a scam, like its "Dot Com" all over again.

But here is your chance to convince me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I would only consider a FOSS cryptocurrency app where I could and HAD reviewed the code for phone home of my wallet details as otherwise I would suspect the app of being able to 'rob' me at any time by on command, time delayed, or randomly execute a transfer of my cryptocurrency to a wallet accessible to the devs. Remember that there are no take-backs or appeals with a transfer, it is P2P.
I also want to state for those who have been fed misinformation, the way blockchain works it is even less annon than transferring money bybank transfer, paypal, or or credit card; essentially it is like cash where every transaction and holder is indelibly recorded on the banknote/bill, announced over the radio, and recorded in a public almanac.
I would not be surprised to find that blockchain based pseudocurrencies were designed by an American three letter police or intelligence agency to have a way to track the flow of black money even when transfers were done offline.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
It is not just about cryptocurrency: Resolving public key distribution dilemma is much more interesting thing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I happily stand corrected but I'm definitely stupid because I still don't clearly identify anything in that video as Sailfish UI
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Make that two of us because i couldn't see Sailfish os also
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
I also see nothing Sailfish related on the Sony handset Marc is holding
Seriously guys? Let me help you:

- App running in fullscreen (no notification bar or nav icons);

- Sailfish X default wallpaper visible in the background (~1min mark);

- Sailfish OS default fonts and Silica elements all around (TextField @ 53s).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Whenever I hear the world blockchain I reach for my bucket...
Best of luck, not interested.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Whenever I hear the world blockchain I reach for my bucket...
Best of luck, not interested.
You must feel nauseated all the time then. I guess that condition can only get worse. XD

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Seriously guys? Let me help you:

- App running in fullscreen (no notification bar or nav icons);
I have plenty of Android apps that run full screen on my tablet, so this is no proof to my eyes.

- Sailfish X default wallpaper visible in the background (~1min mark);
Ok, now I see it but it was not that easy to see and also it is not exactly part of the UI (just to nitpick a bit )

- Sailfish OS default fonts and Silica elements all around (TextField @ 53s).
But at the same time, no "real" Sailfish UI element anywhere (pulleys, glass-effect app background, app navigation by swipes, etc.). I now see that you probably are right, but I still think it is not that crystal clear! Anyway, if so, better.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post: