Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Why don't you add Hammerhead Torch to the lockscreen pulley menu? Open Lockscreen, pull down to activate Torch and the light is on.
That's just what I said I've done, in comparison of navigating to events view shortcuts?

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
5 GHz wireless network connection doesn't seem to work. Other devices on teh network can communicate on the 5 GHz frequencies, and yet the Xperia X doesn't seem to want to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Some general info :
"dmesg" is the old style command that has been available since ages.
"journalctl" is the systemd-specific modern equivalent (dmesg pulls from the same database).
Arrgh, I am so sorry I have to nitpick here because all of your advice was otherwice correct, but journalctl is not a more modern equivalent of dmesg!

Only some OS'es have the bloody abomination that is systemd, of which journalctl is part of.
On the other hand our lovely lady dmesg exists everywhere!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
5 GHz wireless network connection doesn't seem to work. Other devices on teh network can communicate on the 5 GHz frequencies, and yet the Xperia X doesn't seem to want to.
I had no problems connecting my Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS to a 5 GHz access point today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I saved dmesg messages in both without tape and with tape. Compared with notepad++. There are differences :-) but i don't understand much about the messages.
I can share them if it helps anyone (someone told there is no "critical personal information" in the messages. Too many lines to check it.)
I wouldn't know what most of the messages mean either but it would be interesting to see the differences and failures should stick out. Might need some of the 'same' bits for context though so probably best you share the whole files.

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I had no problems connecting my Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS to a 5 GHz access point today.
Hmm, ok, it works on 5 GHz now that the 2.4 Ghz stream has been disabled. It prefers 2.4 GHz for some reason though. One cannot help but wonder if there is a configuration file that sets preferences for what bands to use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
I got both 2.4 and 5 GHz on my home router, and both of them are working flawessly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Arrgh, I am so sorry I have to nitpick here because all of your advice was otherwice correct, but journalctl is not a more modern equivalent of dmesg!

Only some OS'es have the bloody abomination that is systemd, of which journalctl is part of.
On the other hand our lovely lady dmesg exists everywhere!
Apart from gentoo there are no major distributions not using systemd (which is actually a very good idea, but with some flaws and "narzistic" people as developers)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
Did some testing with F5122:

2 SIMs and sd card in tray
-1st SIM and sdcard working
2 SIMs and sdcard in tray, but sdcard contacts covered by tape (carefully inserted to phone)
-both SIMs work, sdcard not work :-( :-)

Any comments?
I may miss something here, but how is the phone supposed to recognize the sdcard when the contacts are covered by tape (and therefore the phone can't make a physical connection to the card)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
I may miss something here, but how is the phone supposed to recognize the sdcard when the contacts are covered by tape (and therefore the phone can't make a physical connection to the card)?
I thought the same at first then worked out that the test proves it's not the SD causing the sim not to make contact with the pins causing the sim not register, so it must be something in software

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x