Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
a self defense tool...
That's what my teacher said about my calculator. "Put it in your shirt pocket and it may save your life one day."

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Use it with an anti theft tool (ex prey) in a vehicle. If you forgot the parking position you can ask it. If it is stolen you know where it is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
If it is the 64GB version it could integrate with an old amp / speaker set as FLAC / MP3 player.

But I have no clue how good the sound reproduction is.. forgot to compare during my short time with the N9.

I find the N900 inferior to the Nokia 808. Would like to know where the N9 ranks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Donate it to someone who has a use for it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
"Can I use n9 as something else than a phone?"

the answer is ...

Yes...yes you can...

a doorstop...
for one...
a self defense tool...
you can throw it at an assailant ...use it as a hand to hand weapon even...

a chew toy for your puppy...

a wide screen prop in a home made barbie doll movie (if you are into that kind of thing)

the list goes on...
EPIC!! .
Win win solution

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
If you can't find any use, its obvious that you don't need anything from this phone.
Give it to someone that wants to fix it and use it. Make someone happy with something you dont even use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Here is my clock.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=164
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=166

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
If it is the 64GB version it could integrate with an old amp / speaker set as FLAC / MP3 player.

But I have no clue how good the sound reproduction is.. forgot to compare during my short time with the N9.

I find the N900 inferior to the Nokia 808. Would like to know where the N9 ranks.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone3=2917 for comparison between the 3 devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone3=2917 for comparison between the 3 devices.
Waw! I always found the N900 ring and voice too quiet. That comparison shows that the N9 is even worse.
I definitely find the Jolla even quieter but if I enter Jolla in the comparison, many lines turn out blank, including the audio levels. Pity.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Waw! I always found the N900 ring and voice too quiet. That comparison shows that the N9 is even worse.
I definitely find the Jolla even quieter but if I enter Jolla in the comparison, many lines turn out blank, including the audio levels. Pity.
The N900 struck me as quiet in the beginning but I came to understand that the speakers are of higher quality and so the sound at whatever volume is less high pitched attention attracting.

Poor Jolla has neither volume level nor sound quality.. It plays its ringing tune on a frequency that my ears just can't seem to catch easily.. I always have to wonder what is this background noise before I realize it is the phone "ringing"..
Also the application Quasar MX seems to be wasted on Sailfish as long as Sailfish keeps zombie-ing in this placeholder hardware that is the "First One".

The 3 phone spec comparison is saying nothing about the perceived audio playback quality of the N9 as a replacement for DAC, CD Player or dedicated music player in a HIFI system.

For what it is worth the value of the N9 64GB as a media player is somewhat confirmed in this conversation, but it leaves me wonder if an N8 + 64GB SD is not the better option

http://www.head-fi.org/t/560779/nokia-n9

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: