Originally Posted by johnpad View Post
Have you tried going into the Clock app and setting an alarm then removing them alarm?
This has helped me in the past.
As far as I understand there is a special area of memory that is used for the alarm system. If this area becomes corrupt in some way you get reboots at 12AM every day.
Cheers,
John
I tried to set up alarms at 11:58 AM and PM, 11:59, etc. but just got two more reboots today at 4am and 1:10 pm. Meanwhile, doing a clean reboot I see an error message: jffs illegal nsize error, which does not seem very promising as it goes beyond the CRC ones.

Oh yeah, I had an alarm clock issue the other day. I tried to set an alarm but it worked, worked, and said "unable to perform operation". No other apps were running, but the Nokia had been on for a few days.

Didn't try to rebot and retry, though. Set an alarm elsewhere.

Originally Posted by dcy View Post
It looks like a metacrawler problem. Do you have a link to / in your home directory or elsewhere?
Yes, I do actually. I had a symlink to '/' back in OS2006 too but it didnt seem to cause any issue. I didn't think twice about doing the same on OS2007. I'll remove that and give it a try. Thanks for the tip!