Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Can someone explain how to install these codecs (due to the fact that Harmattan repos are down) and enable 720p recording, but also to dumb it down so that everyone can understand?

tnx

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
What about a simple google search for 'omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.de'?
https://www.google.de/search?q=omap3...XGA9DXas6tgMgO

For N9/N950/N900 we already have coderus.openrepos.net/n9mirror!
But also here I only see the newer libraries???
So just follow the search and you may find. I have them also backupped on devoce but they are just too large to attach...
Thanks for your comment and offer peter

Coderus' N9mirror is the one I got the newer deb files from yes, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link it here though, so I didn't. Searching Google for the debs was the first thing I tried (and how I found Coderus' mirror) but it didn't yield any results for the file versions that freemangordon specified in his description in the first post.

Anyhow, I now have the correct debs (thanks to freemangordon), but they are not yet working. As described in my earlier post, I've done the following:
- Unpack content of deb files to /etc/modprobe.d/ and /lib/dsp/ respectively,
- Copy unzipped libgstdsp.so (obtained from first post) to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/,
- Uninstall gstreamer0.10-openmax
- Reboot N900.

Result is the same as it was with the 'newer' debs: video's are not played on the device anymore. When I attempt to play a h264 file (in a .mkv container) Media player states 'Unable to play media. Media format not supported'. Same goes for self-recorded video's, or any other video.

Running latest CSSU-testing (not thumb), PK53, CPU@1000mhz, DSP@600mhz.

Perhaps some other packages are interfering? I have the Extra Decoders Support package installed. No other media players though.

Originally Posted by branja View Post
Can someone explain how to install these codecs (due to the fact that Harmattan repos are down) and enable 720p recording, but also to dumb it down so that everyone can understand?

tnx
If I get it working, I'll post a step-by-step guide detailing how I did it

The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@ThomasAH: look at what debs from the OP post are doing in their pre/postinst scripts (sorry, I don;t remember what I've put there )

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@ThomasAH: look at what debs from the OP post are doing in their pre/postinst scripts (sorry, I don;t remember what I've put there )
Simple downloading and then extracting of downloaded deb to root /
'dpkg -x *.deb /'

and some more not relevant ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-04-20 at 20:16.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Simple downloading and then extracting of downloaded deb to root /
'dpkg -x *.deb /'

and some more not relevant ...
Yup, checked the deb's pre- and postscripts as well. Came to the same conclusion as peter; they all download a deb, then extract the deb's contents to root, thus placing the files in /etc/modprobe.d/ and/or /lib/dsp/ (since that is where they're packed as well), which is what I've been doing.

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2015-04-20 at 20:58.

Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
- Unpack content of deb files to /etc/modprobe.d/ and /lib/dsp/ respectively,
- Copy unzipped libgstdsp.so (obtained from first post) to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/,
- Uninstall gstreamer0.10-openmax
- Reboot N900.
Did you by any means backup original libgstdsp.so in original directory (with same name just added '.sav' or the like)? Then remove it or change name before '.so' suffix.
Else no idea, sorry (instructions in first post are easy and complete).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Nope, that's the only file I didn't backup in fact. Did back up all files in /etc/modprobe.d/ and /lib/dsp/ before I overwrote them though (added .old to the filename).

Should I remove those?

YES!
Exactly that is your prob.
Pull them out of original location and back them up using tar/zip or on another location. But make sure the name (up to '.so') is unique in lib directory.

--
thanks to the courtesy of freemangordon
I had similar problem with another lib (tklock?). And he helped me how to solve. So all credits to him, please (I am just a transmitter ).

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-04-21 at 07:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Super cool, it works now! Would not have thought that the backed up files would be the culprit, learning something new every day!

Thanks a lot peter and freemangordon

@branja: did you follow the discussion and know what to do now? Or would you still like some help?

The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Dude, I have no idea what were 2 of u talking/writing about.
Please, write a step by step instruction if it's not to difficult. I'm really noob in all of this but I really like this little device.

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player