Active Topics

Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Never seen that problem... I have used that (that particular) phone on a car charger, but it was just a standard car adapter from the service station.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
1. What does this have to do with Neo900? Please learn to observe the thread's topic. Posting your questions in random threads is generally frown upon.

2. Check your car charger's USB connector. I have three car chargers. All of them work but the connection is rather temperamental. So far I had the best results with the cheapest one from Poundland. which has a USB A female connector instead of a cable sticking out, coupled with a cable that I know works on a PC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
For Neo900 we will provide battery charging pads under the back cover (when we can find a way to do so), and we will take care to make them as tolerant to crappy supply as reasonably possible.
For USB we need to follow the common USB2.0 & charging_amendment specs, and we will probably use the same detection scheme like N900 (D+/- short), since it's the simplest (for user to handle) of the 3 variants for fastcharger detection that the USB specs define (the other two involve resistors to get soldered to the plug, sth you don't want to do). Anyway we will take care that charging is controllable by software just like it is on N900.
Please check other threads in this forum about fastcharger detection and D+/-_short

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-12-03 at 07:40.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by feasibility study
But the dome sheet is difficult to reuse if peeled off the PCB.
Why is that?
Is there some adhesive that's hard to replace or is the dome sheet easily damaged in the process? Or is there some other problem?

Here at 1:52 [1] it looks not trivial but quite doable to remove the dome sheet. However the next slide in the video says: "Do not use the domesheet again."
I'd like to understand the reason.

Of course reassembly might be a completely different story than disassembly which is why I usually don't like disassembly guides that end by simply stating: "to reassemble just follow these steps in reverse order."

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA82LYF64es

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
@sulu
Errr, YES.
All you said.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
For Neo900 we will provide battery charging pads under the back cover (when we can find a way to do so), and we will take care to make them as tolerant to crappy supply as reasonably possible.
For USB we need to follow the common USB2.0 & charging_amendment specs, and we will probably use the same detection scheme like N900 (D+/- short), since it's the simplest (for user to handle) of the 3 variants for fastcharger detection that the USB specs define (the other two involve resistors to get soldered to the plug, sth you don't want to do). Anyway we will take care that charging is controllable by software just like it is on N900.
Please check other threads in this forum about fastcharger detection and D+/-_short

/j
Throwing in my tuppence for what it's worth, my N900 gives me the most grief when dealing with modern chargers designed for the resistor-style phones everyone has now. Basically, it just doesn't charge unless I use a really dumb charger, even when I cut the data lines completely. If the Neo900 could be a little more..."robust" it would be much appreciated! I suspect the problem is with the "play dead" state of the phone, as most decent chargers alter their state based upon what's plugged in...and so does the N900, so they cancel each other out once the N900 boots past the hardware charging state. Every other device I have works with my chargers just fine...

...but yeah, if the Neo900 could be more robust, that'd be great

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I'm pretty sure you already know this, gerry-mobilfunk.de seems to have domesheets. [1]
I have no idea what happens if you input a 3- or 4-digit number into the quantity field. I'd like to see Gerry's/Thomas' face though.

Maybe he knows some secret supplier. At least asking him wouldn't hurt.

[1] http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/31360.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
jonwil---------
Re: Neo900 - finally a successor of N900
So what audio chip has been picked for the Neo900? Same tlv320aic34 as N900?
Yes :-)
cheers
/j
This audio chip appears to be able to record 24bit data
off of four inputs if I read the spec sheet right.

Maybe I need more coffee,
but maybe someone out there knows if it can ?

If so - I would assume (don't get distracted here)
we would have a normal stereo/mic jack for line input
and have an embedded mic (1 or 2 ?)
for the audio input ?

just curious,
it gives me some ideas for later on down the road....

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
I'm pretty sure you already know this, gerry-mobilfunk.de seems to have domesheets. [1]
I have no idea what happens if you input a 3- or 4-digit number into the quantity field. I'd like to see Gerry's/Thomas' face though.

Maybe he knows some secret supplier. At least asking him wouldn't hurt.

[1] http://www.gerry-mobilfunk.de/31360.html
the article is usually available from stock in qty of 3 - 8 max. We don't have info about amount available from Nokia
Yes, I already know Gerry-mobilfunk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
This audio chip appears to be able to record 24bit data
off of four inputs if I read the spec sheet right.

Maybe I need more coffee,
but maybe someone out there knows if it can ?

If so - I would assume (don't get distracted here)
we would have a normal stereo/mic jack for line input
and have an embedded mic (1 or 2 ?)
for the audio input ?

just curious,
it gives me some ideas for later on down the road....
That's the plan. I don't know off top of my head if the codec can do 24bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!