Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
i have cssu testing and thumb installed on my n900 with processor overclocked to 1ghz.
Sorry i forgot system info widget, my bad. Today i inserted a microsd card in the slot for some purpose and observed that the processor utilisation was 100%.
And then I removed the card but the damn processor was still doing 100 and didn't take a single drop . So i reboot it after 5 minutes. Is this normal ?

Last edited by hardy_magnus; 2013-09-21 at 14:37. Reason: incomplete

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
i have cssu testing and thumb installed on my n900 with processor overclocked to 1ghz.
Sorry i forgot system info widget, my bad. Today i inserted a microsd card in the slot for some purpose and observed that the processor utilisation was 100%.
And then I removed the card but the damn processor was still doing 100 and didn't take a single drop . So i reboot it after 5 minutes. Is this normal ?
yes its normal. its because when you inserted sd card in your phone tracker started its work of collecting information about media files and creating thumbnails for videos and images. cpu will settle down after tracker done its work.

side note: overclocking to 1ghz is dangerous.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
yes its normal. its because when you inserted sd card in your phone tracker started its work of collecting information about media files and creating thumbnails for videos and images. cpu will settle down after tracker done its work.

side note: overclocking to 1ghz is dangerous.
a single tracker using whole processor, thats weird. I think that either something is wrong with the tracker management or the processor under the hood was not doing 1ghz in my case . But as long as it is a normal behaviour it is not an issue. Considering ur note i googled and found that overclocking is dangerous and I will be changing processor frequencies so what do u think are the perfect ones ? My device is always doing 1ghz.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
a single tracker using whole processor, thats weird. I think that either something is wrong with the tracker management or the processor under the hood was not doing 1ghz in my case . But as long as it is a normal behaviour it is not an issue. Considering ur note i googled and found that overclocking is dangerous and I will be changing processor frequencies so what do u think are the perfect ones ? My device is always doing 1ghz.
yes its tracker. you can install tracker-cfg app to change tracker behavior or add any folder in ignore list to prevent it from scanning. its not really related to CSSU-Testing so its (i think) off topic here but i will tell you. mine is running at max 720mhz with CSSU-Thumb and its working very smooth and stable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
yes its tracker. you can install tracker-cfg app to change tracker behavior or add any folder in ignore list to prevent it from scanning. its not really related to CSSU-Testing so its (i think) off topic here but i will tell you. mine is running at max 720mhz with CSSU-Thumb and its working very smooth and stable.
that app must be great but i aint touching that thing and dont ask this noob y not. 720mhz, mmmmm. ok

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@all: Can you test if this pulseaudio version working?

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/pa/new3/
Hi pali, thanks for these. I tried installing them as I have had no ringtone for quite some time, and it still doesn't work. I've just noticed however that hildon-status-menu is using a lot of CPU (30-65%!), as is pulseaudio (25%).

When I stop hildon-status-menu, pulseaudio drops to 0%.

The volume slider in my status menu is always 0 as well, (it goes up when I slide, but always resets back to 0).

...something's unhappy!

I've removed the two status plugins I was using - advanced clock and advanced power, but the removal made no difference. I have barely any desktop widgets anymore, so I doubt it's those. I also cannot use the media player now, so I think pulseaudio is screwed

I can however hear voice calls (abet not the ringing), which is a silver lining if ever there was one!

[edit]
Been doing a bit of debugging... here's the pastebin of a session where I stopped pulseaudio and started it manually from the shell.

Errors are:
Code:
E: voice-sidetone.c: Cannot open /sys/devices/platform/omap-mcbsp.2/st_enable
(yup, not there)

...and lots and lots of:
Code:
I: client.c: Created 57 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
E: client-ext.c: client-ext.c: Can't obtain command line
I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=29999 gid=29999 success=1
E: protocol-native.c: protocol error, kicking client
I: client.c: Freed 57 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
...weird thing is those ids translate as developer:users, right? Which is weird.

[edit 2]
Just downgraded the main pulseaudio package, and now my CPU usuage is back to normal.
Code:
dpkg -i pulseaudio_0.9.15-1maemo44\+0m5\+0cssu4_armel.deb
dpkg - warning: downgrading pulseaudio from 0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu5 to 0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu4.
(Reading database ... 35015 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace pulseaudio 0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu5 (using pulseaudio_0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu4_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement pulseaudio ...
Setting up pulseaudio (0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu4) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/pulse/default.pa ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/pulse/system.pa ...

# stop pulseaudio
pulseaudio (stop) running, process 18216
pulseaudio (stop) pre-stop, (main) process 18216
pulseaudio (stop) stopping, process 18216
pulseaudio (stop) killed, process 18216
pulseaudio (stop) post-stop, process 8561
pulseaudio (stop) waiting
# start pulseaudio
pulseaudio (start) waiting
pulseaudio (start) starting
pulseaudio (start) pre-start, process 8620
pulseaudio (start) spawned, process 8626
pulseaudio (start) post-start, process 8627
        main process 8626
pulseaudio (start) running, process 8626
[edit 3]
...and I finally have a ringtone back again! Hurrah!

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2013-09-26 at 14:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Alas, for whatever reason, the problem is back - 100% CPU and no ringing. The status menu-volume slider is back to 0, hildon-status-menu is back to 65% CPU, pulseaudio is on 28% CPU, and I'm a sad panda.

This persists even after restarting.

I've downgraded all pulseaudio packages down to cssu1 versions and everything is back to normal again. We'll see how long this lasts!

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2013-09-28 at 21:49.

Since the last reflash I'm having problems with 2 apps(usb mode and qthotspot). usb mode giving errors which i earlier reported in usb mode thread and internet is not accessible on other devices through qthotspot (limited access). I have cssu-t and power kernel52 installed . Anyone facing similar problems.

@mr_jrt: can you test new2 packages?

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@mr_jrt: can you test new2 packages?
No problem. Which ones would you like me to try?

Tags
cssu testing