Active Topics

Notices

@sakya. I also tested in your newest release: same problem. Good to know you will fix it in the next update. Thanks mate!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@sakya: is it possible to flip the direction of the "slide to unlock" widget, or even to rotate it???
for example, if you hold your phone in your left hand often while in portrait mode (and i do) it is more convenient to pull slider from right to left, instead of left to right....
also, even to put slider vertical (what is i think a more convenient than any horizontal position - more "finger friendly") ... and that puts a lot of more possibilities to mod
thx for reading this, this is only my suggestions
great work btw

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
I can't read through all the 55 pages of this thread now, so please forgive me if this was already asked (and yes i tried to search)...

For me sometimes, when i press the power button, instead of the qtlockscreen, the original lockscreen comes up, and everything freezes. The only way i can unlock the phone then is to open the keyboard (my unlock key on the side of the phone is broken, so maybe that would work as well, i don't know). Does anybody else have this happen? Is there an easy way to fix?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
I can't read through all the 55 pages of this thread now, so please forgive me if this was already asked (and yes i tried to search)...

For me sometimes, when i press the power button, instead of the qtlockscreen, the original lockscreen comes up, and everything freezes. The only way i can unlock the phone then is to open the keyboard (my unlock key on the side of the phone is broken, so maybe that would work as well, i don't know). Does anybody else have this happen? Is there an easy way to fix?

Thanks.

well this usually happens with me too after usin killall qtlockscreen , everything got mess up and the default slider lock screen appears .
sakya once told me to try this .

Code:
 /usr/bin/qtlockscreen &
instead of killall qtlockscreen and it did work , but i dont know what has happened after updating to the newer versions this problem automatically solved .
like now i use killall qtlockscreen , press the power button , default lock screen appears but after few seconds sakya one's override it and sometimes even if it doesn't i use the default slider to unlock and the next time i press the power button to unlock i see sakya's lock screen .

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
Code:
 /usr/bin/qtlockscreen &
instead of killall qtlockscreen and it did work
If you run /usr/bin/qtlockscreen & without killing the current lockscreen you'll end with two lockscreen running, don't do this.

To restart the lockscreen use:
Code:
pkill -HUP qtlockscreen
only if for some reason the lockscreen does not restart automatically execute it manually with
Code:
/usr/bin/qtlockscreen &
@vi_: This is the ram usage on my n900 using the default config:

Last edited by sakya; 2011-08-23 at 09:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
@Sakya

Qtlockscreen is still not working when using bash as default shell.
Is there something to do to make it work with bash, too?

Greetz,

J4ZZ

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Is there something to do to make it work with bash, too?
Is just the autostart script that fails (I think this is the case)?
Does the lockscreen work if executed manually?
Code:
/usr/bin/qtlockscreen &
If so, the problem is just the script
Code:
start on started hildon-desktop

respawn

script
  exec su - user -c "exec /usr/bin/qtlockscreen"
end script

Last edited by sakya; 2011-08-23 at 10:09.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Is it possible to have more intermediate battery values. For example Conky shows 76% while the lockscreen is at 70%. Or the values are not correct. Now conky shows 100% while the lockscreen shows 90%. This is a bit misleading.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Is just the autostart script that fails (I think this is the case)?
Does the lockscreen work if executed manually?
Code:
/usr/bin/qtlockscreen &
If so, the problem is just the script
Code:
start on started hildon-desktop

respawn

script
  exec su - user -c "exec /usr/bin/qtlockscreen"
end script

i cant say anything about others but i have used that command for 4 days i guess , and it worked fine .
but after the latest releases i am just using killall qtlockscreen.

Cant we have something like Pattern Lock on Android ?