Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I got the keyboard to work under xfce4. I copied the pro1 xkb directly under .../symbols. Than It's enough to edit .lxc/Sid/usr/share/X11/xkb/endev.xml and to add:
Code:
<layout>
<configItem>
<name>pro1</name>
<shortDescription>pro1</shortDescription>
<description>pro1 deutsch</description>
<languageList>
<iso639Id>de</iso639Id>
</languageList>
</configItem>
<variantList/>
</layout>
And does it pop up on the lock screen? I have been using it without problems in general, but when locked out, I cant get it to appear...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Hello there! I have A xiaomi Red Note 7 phone with Sailfish: 3.3.0.16 (Rokua) I'm trying to launch currently supported distributions but the error "The container failed to start."falls out. Tested on different architectures:
debian sid amd64 default 200914_06:02
debian sid amd64 default 200914_05:24
debian sid ramel default 200914_05:24
debian sid armhf default 200914_05:24
debian sid i386 default 200914_05:24
debian sid ppc64el default 200914_05:24
debian sid s390x default 200914_05:24
immediately the question is what architecture is supported by my phone?
I did everything according to the instructions:

/dev/pts/ptmx

[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES
CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_NAMESPACES
CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_UTS_NS
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_IPC_NS
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_PID_NS
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_NET_NS
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_CGROUPS
CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE
CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE=y
[root@RedmiNote7 nemo]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_CPUSETS
CONFIG_CPUSETS=y

zypper install lxc-templates-desktop-1.2-1.noarch.rpm
zypper install qxdisplay-0.1-2.armv7hl.rpm
zypper install harbour-containers-0.4-1.armv7hl.rpm

lxc-create -t sfos-download -n sid

lxc-start -n sid
The container failed to start.
To get more details, run the container in foreground mode.
Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.

I will be glad of any help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt lxc.txt (5.7 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by garyn4; 2020-09-15 at 06:23. Reason: add log

The Following User Says Thank You to garyn4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
@levone1
There is no lock screen. When I log out I'm on a black screen saying Waiting Xwayland window...

@garyn4
On my pro1 I have chosen arm64.

@all
how do I simulate a right click?

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2020-09-15 at 07:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
@levone1
There is no lock screen. When I log out I'm on a black screen saying Waiting Xwayland window...

@garyn4
On my pro1 I have chosen arm64.

@all
how do I simulate a right click?
Lock screen shows up when using Plasma desktop, after timeout. I have changed the settings ro avoid it, but still wondered if it's possible...

You can do right-click using one of the full layout options in OnBoard settings, (I think 'full' and 'compact' both show the mouse buttons. To the right of the keyboard, there ate little cursor icons, one pointing right, one left, and one double...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
I seem to have internet connection issues with mobile data - works sometimes but not other times... No issues when using WiFi. Any ideas abou a configuration file I can chec or a reset command or something? Seems like it works when starting the container with a good connection, but if there's any interruption or network change or something, it cuts out and won't come back without a restart...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
I seem to have internet connection issues with mobile data - works sometimes but not other times... No issues when using WiFi. Any ideas abou a configuration file I can chec or a reset command or something? Seems like it works when starting the container with a good connection, but if there's any interruption or network change or something, it cuts out and won't come back without a restart...
I have problems with mobile data from time to time on my pro1 on Sailfish. So have you checked at those situations, if it is really a problem with the container or a general one with Sailfish.

For me mostly a reconnect solves the issue, but sometimes I have to deactivate the SIM and reactivate it.

Onboard isn't working well for me. I have huge problems with onboard and hidpi. I have the choice: the keyboard doesn't fit on the screen or if I choose keyboard to dock on the edge of the screen it moves around uncontrollable. Isn't there an option to set a long touch or whatever?

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2020-09-15 at 15:35.

I have problems with mobile data from time to time on my pro1 on Sailfish. So have you checked at those situations, if it is really a problem with the container or a general one with Sailfish.

For me mostly a reconnect solves the issue, but sometimes I have to deactivate the SIM and reactivate it.
Works solid on SF, even when not on Container ... Haven't had any issues with mobile data in general.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
I have huge problems with onboard and hidpi. I have the choice: the keyboard doesn't fit on the screen or if I choose keyboard to dock on the edge of the screen it moves around uncontrollable. ...
I cannot use Onboard in landscape mode because its left half goes outside of the window. I have tried to change the size in configs but no luck. Therefore I use it in portrait mode, where it works really well. (Is there any other on-screen keyboard available? florence maybe?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
And does it pop up on the lock screen? I have been using it without problems in general, but when locked out, I cant get it to appear...
If you use lightdm, there is a config file where you can setup what keyboard to start/display: /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

In the config there are a few examples commented out, try to play with it.

If you use a different dm, try to find its config. I am pretty sure all of them has similar options for displaying Onboard on the login screen (aka lock screen).

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I cannot use Onboard in landscape mode because its left half goes outside of the window. I have tried to change the size in configs but no luck. Therefore I use it in portrait mode, where it works really well. (Is there any other on-screen keyboard available? florence maybe?)
For me only Landscape works. But I haven't investigated why because that's my preferred orientation on this mini laptop

Tags
application, development, linux