Active Topics

Hello I have a quesiton, my Nokia 770 every time I do search for Network connections it can show me a list and than refresh by itself and will show a messege "No connections available".. and I have to put a cap on and let it sit for coupel of minutes or Turn off and Turn on again and do a search again, and only than maybe it will show a list of available network... Why is that ??? I have the latest firmware
OS 2006 Edition version 3.2006.49-2

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Ok since no one has answered your other thread either I will bite.
Your 770 should not behave like this, mine will find 4 APs at work and at home will get 10+ and every time it researchs it will change out the weak ones for others(my apartments have free wifi with tons of overlaping APs) but you should get very good signal with just a few. You might look into cordless phones interfering.
Have you reflashed this 770?

To answer some other questions from you other threads
You can not install windows media player >> OS 2008 can play wma's but none of the 770's OSs can, sorry.
It is pretty hard to connect a flash stick to your tablet, easier with a n810, you have to get adapters and install usb control software, but you should just get a 8Gb card and carry the cable then you have it covered.

Oh thats how it is beacsue today I go to my main room I try searching for network it wont connect but I go to the kitchen it connects sometimes and again sometimes it connects at the mainroom also. Than I try connecting in my Room it wont connect at least very rarelly and in other masterbedroom it will connect ... I have computer in my main room and my bedroom but Not in my Masterbedroom. Also today I was outside and it had to problem finding network I am kind of lost... only couple of times I was not able to find Network connection outside but must of the times i connected it found like 14/20 it connected..

I did not flash It has origianl soft... but this morning I though of flashing to OS 2005 the first one I though taht it will work with it. But so far It connects outside but not inside my appartment.

Its just very weird that In some places of my appartment it catches network and in others it wont even though its on the same level. I have an suspicion on somekind of interference maybe from a computer or I really dont know. But for sure I dont have wireless phone at home

I had this problem too... I thought it was broken... but kept messing with it and figured out the for some odd reason.. the WIFI is not ON unless 1 profile exists. So you have to go in, and put in either the real Wireless profile or Create a Junkie dumie one. Check-it...

Go into Connection Manager
Click on tools
click on connectivity settings
click on connections
Click on New

A Wizard will come up for you to create a WIFI profile.
Click Next
Type in DUMMIE for Connection Name and select WLAN, press Next
Now it will ask if you wanna scan for WIFI... say no since we know it wont work.
The type in a summie SSID, hit next.
Then hit finish.

Now when you scan, it will find your Wifi, Make sure you add that to your connection, and THEN you can go back in and delete the DUMMIE you just made.

:-p

I tried this and tried reflashing as well as updating to the 2008 version - nothing works! This is primarily happening in my house.

Originally Posted by anfbeachparty View Post
I had this problem too... I thought it was broken... but kept messing with it and figured out the for some odd reason.. the WIFI is not ON unless 1 profile exists. So you have to go in, and put in either the real Wireless profile or Create a Junkie dumie one. Check-it...

Go into Connection Manager
Click on tools
click on connectivity settings
click on connections
Click on New

A Wizard will come up for you to create a WIFI profile.
Click Next
Type in DUMMIE for Connection Name and select WLAN, press Next
Now it will ask if you wanna scan for WIFI... say no since we know it wont work.
The type in a summie SSID, hit next.
Then hit finish.

Now when you scan, it will find your Wifi, Make sure you add that to your connection, and THEN you can go back in and delete the DUMMIE you just made.

:-p

Yeah, mine's doing the same thing now too. Connects fine at school, but at home, sporatically finds connections.

really annoying old bug. A few ways to activated the wifi but also needs luck:
1. hit the power switch once and there will a pop-up menu. chose "off-line mode", them hit it again, chose "normal mode". If you are lucky, the wifi will be activated;

2. detach the battery for a while and attach it + charging for some time, then try option 1 again couple times.

This really is just a power problem to the wifi chip so reintalling/updating OS won't help ( well it might, but just the same effect as you switch on/off the wifi so don't waste time on that)

hope this works. Usually I need to try 10 times if the machine is offline for more than a week.

Some people seem to find a correlation between being near a 802.11n network and no networks appearing. If you have an n-capable accesspoint, you might want to enable b/g mode only and see if that works.

-Jonathan

The Following User Says Thank You to bokubob For This Useful Post:
The problem I have is my neighbour's new router. Whenever it's on (now it's 24/7) I can't find any network. I suspect it's also the new 802.11n router. I have no choice but wait for somebody to nail down the problem and fix the driver. I suspect it's highly unlikely now. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as I was expecting old equipments to be functional as long as the hardware are still working. I guess I will never, ever buy anything from Nokia again.