Nokia has had a habit of making amazing looking sites for even some minor hyping up stuff.
I especially remember that event year or two ago that had this timer running down and this amazing flash site with codes to crack and games that you needed to unlock to get these crazy videos supposedly hinting something.

...it ended being some Tshirts for the winners who answered right on the puzzles.

I don't know the videos and site does not scream Nokia to me, it could be anything. There's nothing really hinting towards Nokia other than couple of Nokia related people following them on twitter.....

Don't know if it's anything relavent but the company address for is (also?) in Washington State. Info from www.whois.com - they kinda asked us to do that search, right?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Yawn - yet another tablet

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It appears to be a viral marketing campaign that would like to capture Nokia customers and others, but there is no reason to think it is Nokia itself.
On the blog there is a message posted by TabCo CEO. It does not sound too Elopian.
Word eco$i$tem does not appear anywhere...

So let's wait and see.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-07-08 at 21:14.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Don't know if it's anything relavent but the company address for is (also?) in Washington State. Info from www.whois.com - they kinda asked us to do that search, right?
You really think they take all the effort creating such a viral marketing campaign, but reveal their true identity through a whois entry (like let´s say "Finland" for example...)?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Hmm no idea if it's relevant but I was reading this comment
from mynokiablog.com:

"DGui says:
July 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Just updated my blog. Found a Nokia engineer talking about the ‘aha moment’, he works at the Research branch of the Silicon Valley Nokia, near SanFran that was mentioned by TabCo as a place where a milestone happened. Etc… As mentioned above the domain was registered near Redmond, Windows 8 running tablet?…"

then I went to DGui's blog and I read:

Dr Quinn Jacobson, speaks of the ‘Aha Moment’ several times, I’m guessing we’re heading more there. He has worked at Intel and Sun Microsystems and is a leader in processor architecture. Read his post below:
“ Posted by Quinn Jacobson, June 19, 2010
I am a junky for that “aha” moment of finding an solution to a technical puzzle."

The Nokia engineer name DGui is talking about is Quinn Jacobson

...and from the whoistabco web site:

"Ian Quincy (aka IQ) is the founder and CEO of TabCo..."

Quinn Jacobson - Ian Quincy... hmm

[edit]

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Look @ the bottom of the page about availability....

http://www.whoistabco.com/mission_d.html
"Full details on specific country availability will be made available in the coming weeks."

It can't be a Windows 8 tablet then, I'm still hoping it's MeeGo

Last edited by Cassio; 2011-07-08 at 20:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
think it will have a swipe UI kinda like N9, Nokia was clear that would live on but would not say in what form?
Nokia have been talking a lot about not releasing just another tablet and being the 201st with nothing new and will look to bring something different to the market unlike the other 200, TabCo seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet as Nokia.

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-07-08 at 21:25.

I have high hopes for this *not* being a MS shill project. Why?
Try going to a 404'd page on that site. You'll see they're eunning Ubuntu. That's actually a fairly rare server OS - You'd expect Debian, CentOS, RHEL or *shudder* MS Windows Server/IIS.

If the company was a MS company, you bet they'd be running IIS, because their devs would know it. And if they were trying to fake people out, they'd probably use, say, CentOS. Not Ubuntu.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Another thing that's caught my eye is the Canvas UI they talk about on TabCo b/c maemo 6/ harmattan was meant to originally have Canvass desktop the same
as you can see stated in these slide shows below.
http://www.allaboutmeego.com/news/it...the_Maemo_.php

If its Nokia I think we could see Harmattan on a tablet but with Homescreen Like the original Canvas Harmattan one for smartphones.

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-07-08 at 21:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
I don't believe for a sec that we will see MeeGo tablet from Nokia and W8 tablet is way too early to be announced yet. It would be in Nokia World in October at earliest and even that would be too early imo.

Personally don't still see any reason for this being Nokia rather than any other well known mobile company or some unknown. I would love to see Nokia's take on tablets be it MeeGo, Harmattan or W8.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-07-08 at 21:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
fusion garage, grid 10, internet tablet, move along, nothing to see, tabco, tablet talk, whoistabco