Eldar Murtazin was spot on pretty much everything he said. He got much dislike here for it. And then he got hated for saying his device crashed. Well, that is fanboyism for you.

This device looks all sorts of prototype for me. I believe the word "ugly" sums it all up, if not "strange choices" can elaborate.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Eldar Murtazin was spot on pretty much everything he said. He got much dislike here for it. And then he got hated for saying his device crashed. Well, that is fanboyism for you.

This device looks all sorts of prototype for me. I believe the word "ugly" sums it all up, if not "strange choices" can elaborate.
Eldar brought that hate on himself, before n900 was released he had one and could not speak highly enough of it.
then when it got released b/c he was no longer a member of an exclusive club he started hating on the n900 for attention then he turned into a samsung fanboy himself, even now he dont shut up about samsung so fanboyism is a two way thing here

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
No, he got hated, because he assumed, that EVERY N900 will crash. But others had a legal device from Nokia which didn't crashed. So he must have had a faulty unit. But he said that everything is okay with his unit, and that the software sucks.

Considering he had a device before release day, he thought he had the official firmware but was mistaken, he might have come off a bit too sure, but nowhere near as sure as the apologizers that said for a fact that he had a stolen/prototype/broken unit. With bad firmware. That he was using wrong. All sorts of excuses. Which they had and still do not have anything to back up with. I understand perfectly well that he got provoked by that, and it would bring out stubbornness in anyone.

His device was hardly the only one that had problems, now, was it? The first batch had a fair amount of problems including reboots, if I understand correctly. And that was after they had a chance to fix the older code in Eldars unit. Also, remember that Eldar was not indoctrinated with "do not install software from extras/testing/devel" because it is non-optified Evil".

Fact is, he brought to the table news that were discredited every step on the way, but turned out to be spot on. Then he came with a very positive review, all the sudden he was a hero. Then he reported troubles, and he turned into some sort of antijeebus.

So, go ahead and hate him, but that says more about you than him.

Last edited by volt; 2010-03-23 at 16:42.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I never hated him.
I just said, that I lost my trust in him.
He was the hero for many, but for others not.
Why?
He made a secret unfinished device public.
The others who had a N900 had to sign the NDA.
Why then he had the right to tell everyone about the N900?
He seems to be very intelligent so that the mobile phone manufacturers can't do without him.
But why he always have to tell everyone about the products he is testing?
I'm testing some unfinished, unreleased software, too. But I'm not making videos of them (ignoring the fact, that I would gain so much views just because of them).
That is what I don't like.

You are right, when you say, that he was not alone with his faulty device. That proves again, that he had no official device from Nokia, because the others were able to change the device, if it was faulty.
The reboots have mostly nothing to do with the code. If you have a device which reboots every 30 minutes you have to change it. Even a complete reflash doesn't help.

Then he said to everyone (in Twitter) that the N900 is so unfinished, and if Nokia wouldn't change something it would fail.
Tell me one thing: when you're testing some software of a client of you, would you say all over the internet, how shitty his software is?
That tells a even more about the person..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Considering he had a device before release day, he thought he had the official firmware but was mistaken, he might have come off a bit too sure, but nowhere near as sure as the apologizers that said for a fact that he had a stolen/prototype/broken unit. With bad firmware. That he was using wrong. All sorts of excuses. Which they had and still do not have anything to back up with. I understand perfectly well that he got provoked by that, and it would bring out stubbornness in anyone.

His device was hardly the only one that had problems, now, was it? The first batch had a fair amount of problems including reboots, if I understand correctly. And that was after they had a chance to fix the older code in Eldars unit. Also, remember that Eldar was not indoctrinated with "do not install software from extras/testing/devel" because it is non-optified Evil".

Fact is, he brought to the table news that were discredited every step on the way, but turned out to be spot on. Then he came with a very positive review, all the sudden he was a hero. Then he reported troubles, and he turned into some sort of antijeebus.

So, go ahead and hate him, but that says more about you than him.

Fact is that Eldar spoke about a preproduction device as if it was final and that every unit would have the same problems. That is just not right by any books. It is just not good techjournalism if you can call it that.

Has just made himself an image of a "gets inside info from the leading companies" and "is really trusted" kind of guy. Eldar leaks are usually hit and miss. It looks like he gets some information and makes some by himself. I really would not trust his info too much. He is just like the rest of the blogosphere. Weird thing is that he has so many people like you defending him and his so called "unbiasedness"

I call BS on this "he is really trusted and all" Every company has these insidebloggers and every blogger is biased by some way. Eldar seemed to have a good relationship with Nokia (wrote pretty kindly about shitty s60 and s40 phones) but by the the time Eldar leaked the first "review" of n900 something happened. Eldar seems to be some other companys "insideblogger" nowadays

Look at his world's first "review" of n900 and compare it to some other and you know the difference for .. sake! Oh by the way where is the first and original review? Can't you see the big picture or are you one of those bloggers?

Sorry for the offtopic guys. Just had to let this out of my system

Last edited by bbin; 2010-03-23 at 17:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
Going by the specs they do look nice, but I wonder when this baby will come out?

Take a look at the new htc evo 4g on sprint, it's a gorgeous looking phone that nokia will have to alot to compete with.

Weather it's symbian or meego as the o.s

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Look like a knock off Chinese impersonation phone just like the N87 fake. 12MP AF lol.. please Nokia won't go that far just yet. They still making money with their 8MP and 5MP lenses right now.

It looks like an E71, but with the corners a bit more "squared". Frame seems metallic as well.

Edit: From I-symbian.com:

N8-00 Confirmed Spec:
- 3.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen supporting multitouch and gestures
- no QWERTY
- only single hardware button at the bottom of the display
- snapdragon processor was mentioned but not confirmed
- 32 GB of internal storage
- 256 MB of RAM
- 512 MB of ROM
- Symbian^3 goodness
- Dolby Digital sound
- 12 Megapixel wide angle camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon flash
- HD recording
- HDMI output
- super thin at only around 10 mm
- anodised aluminium body
- 1200 mAH unremovable built-in battery
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- new design philosophy
- availability as early as June 2010

Nokia E7-00 Spec
- QWERTY slide out keyboard (similar to N97)
- 4 inch AMOLED capacitive tilting touchscreen supporting multitouch and gestures
- (maybe) using snapdragon processor
- 256 MB of RAM
- 1024 MB of ROM
- 16 GB of internal storage
- microSD slot
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 8 megapixel camera with LED flash (no Xenon, no Carl Zeiss optic)
- HD video recording
- No HDMI output
- Microsoft Office Communicator Suite included
- Symbian^3 goodness
- availability in August or September
- super thin at only around 13.8mm
- anodised aluminium body
- 1200 mAH unremovable built-in battery

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The specs seem to be rumours. Very similar to the rumours of the N900 back in the day. LOL it actually make me laugh to see all those bullcrap specs above.